300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mama passed on

My mama passed away at one this morning.

The doctor said so much internal damage had been done and we already knew she was going to have an arm amputated. Then both feet began to die. Mama would never want to live her life w/o legs and one arm. They could do all that cutting and she might still have died since her organs were still being attacked.

My daddy made the final decision and my sister and I supported him in it.

Nothing about this is fair; not that I was really under the delusion that life was fair. I deal with crackheads, robbers, theives, rapists, drug dealers and con artists every day I go to work. They're alive and drains on society...but my mama, who spent 40 years dedicated to nursing (and just retired two months ago), making blankets and quilts for the homeless and teddy bears for the Police to pass out to children, meals on wheels, Red Cross and every other charitable donation dies. I don't understand it.

Daddy has been taken home and we've got to go there. He's lost without her and my sister and I are poor substitutes.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Sorry for your lost..... Rest in Peace Mommy Smurfette....

Comment

I'm so sorry Smurfette. Along with you and your family, everybody here was hoping and praying for a better outcome. She sounds like an incredible person. I'm sure everyone here will agree with you when you say life isn't fair...

Your mother is no longer in any pain, but that's no consolation, I'm sure. She's in a better place and has a better vantage point to watch over you and your family. God has welcomed her with open arms and will take good care of her.

My best wishes to you for the days to come.

Again, I'm sorry.
      sigpic

Comment

God bless her and your entire family, Smurfette.
        Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Sorry to hear Smurfette, may your mother rest in peace.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

My deepest sympathies for your loss. I pray that God will give you comfort in realizing that your dear mother was a great asset to humanity and that her contributions caused a great many smiles on the faces of the ill, infirmed and suffering.

God bless her and may she forever hold a place of honor in your heart and memory.

Last edited by SgtCHP; 08-23-2008, 07:43 AM.
            Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

My condolences for your loss................

Comment

I am so sorry.
                I know your hurting and that your lost, along with the family. I woill keep you in my prayers.
                ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                Oscar Wilde

Comment

My deepest sympathies. It's tough losing a parent. Stay strong.
                  sigpic
                  Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                  And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

god i am so sorry. my heart sank when i saw the thread. keep your head up, your dad is really going to need you. we are all here for you.
                    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Im sorry to hear about your loss.
                        My condolences.
                        "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                        Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                        Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

What a trajic month this has been. I am sorry to hear of your loss smurfette. May god be with you and your family during this time of sadness.
                          Last edited by CableDog82; 08-23-2008, 09:32 AM. Reason: none

Comment

My deepest sympathies, Smurf.

I too lost my Mom three years ago. She and Dad were married for 64 years, and Dad is still lost without her. I had to place him in a nursing home two months after Mom passed away.

I can relate to your pain.

Hang in there. Your Dad will need your support.

Condolences.

Prayers sent for all of you.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                            "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

I am sorry to see this thread... I was hoping for a better outcome. My condolences.
                              Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                              You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                              "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                              Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4695 users online. 276 members and 4419 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X