300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They called the family in

I received a call this evening to go to the hospital. My mama's organs have begun shutting down and she's gotten blood clots in her right arm. They will have to amputate it, but can't for the time being because her platelet count is too low and she would not survive surgery. Her toes on both feet have begun to turn black as well. They have put her on blood thinner to hopefully thin things out, but they've no way to stop the existing clots if they break loose. If one goes to her heart, brain, lungs, etc it will kill her. They've told us that short of a miracle, she probably will not survive.

They still do not know what caused this.

My heart hurts.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Hate to hear that Smurfette. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers are with you and your family.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
      Not Yet Visited: 16
      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I'm just sorta numb. That's not my mama in there and not how I want to remember her. If HE is going to take her, then go ahead...the pain of waiting is almost unbearable. My daddy's heart is breaking and he's having a hard time. My parents just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and mama turned 61 last week.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I am so sorry Smurfette I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
          Lawdog TCSO
          In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
          well daisy if you do

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
            Is your Mom conscious and aware of you all around her? I hope so.
            Not really. If you talk to her, she'll open her eyes briefly, but it doesn't look like she's seeing anything. I haven't told my son yet and I'm not going to take him in there. I don't want him to remember her that way and if it's traumatic for me to see her, then he certainly (at 11) doesn't need to see it.

The only thing they can begin to link it to is the rheumatic fever she had as a child. Apparently because of that, she has to take antibiotics before and after any dental work, otherwise bacteria from the mouth can get into her blood stream. She had her teeth cleaned about six days before she got sick last Thursday. The dentist said she did bleed, but she always does. He also said she advised him she'd taken her medicine like always.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that Smurfette My thoughts are with you all.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
              and I'm not sure about the former.
              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, smurfette...you & yours are in my prayers.
                summer - winter - work

Comment

My sincerest prayers are for you and your son and your dad. I buried my mother in June. She had a blood clot break free in her leg and travel through her heart and into her lungs. We watched for three days as they did numerous tests and finally concluded that she was brain dead. She had a living will that stated she did not want the machines. Still a hard decision.

GO IN AND TALK TO HER EVEN IF SHE DOES NOT HEAR YOU. Hold her hand. Stroke her hair. Tell her you love her one more time. You will be glad you did later. TRUST ME.

I did... and I am so glad I did.

Hug your son. Hug your dad, too. (He needs it right now.) And find a shoulder to cry on. You will need it.

May God hold your family in his hand in the days to come.
                  visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                  http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                  (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

God bless Smurfette...Prayers and thought for you and the family...

sigpic

Comment

Oh my. She is just a year older than I am.

Lost my dad in '76, so I have an idea what you are feeling.

Don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said better by others. So I'll just say "ditto."

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                      I'm just sorta numb. That's not my mama in there and not how I want to remember her. If HE is going to take her, then go ahead...the pain of waiting is almost unbearable. My daddy's heart is breaking and he's having a hard time. My parents just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and mama turned 61 last week.
                      Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                      Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                      A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

I think you son needs to know what is going on and he is old enough to decide if he needs a visit or not. 11yrs old is not a baby. He is a young man who has bonded with her and it will be a shock if with no warning she just turns up passed.

Sorry for you and your family.

Comment

Best wishes Smurfette. I see what you're saying about the suffering. You like many others must be thinking HOW could a god really exists if he allows all this pain?? Many religions just give you excuses but not legit reasons otherwise they could back it up which no religion can.

You know they say cops call them like the see 'em so following your tradition I hate to say that god is most likely a creation of a very ignorant early man. But don't give up and keep fighting.

BTW, say hi to Papa Smurf and Brainy for me!!

Is that your pic in your profile? You look NICE!!

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, Smurfette. My prayers are with you and all your family. Take care.
                            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

i am so sorry, may god be with you
                              This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3484 users online. 185 members and 3299 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X