300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've gotta make a difference in three peoples lives

Guys, I have to make a difference in three peoples lives, now since the majority of the forum is cops and military, you all know how to do this stuff, I've got to have it done by December. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I need some clarification on this, what kind of difference do you want to make? You can make a difference in someone's life just by saying hello to a lonely individual on the street, buying lunch for a homeless person, or just listening to someone that needs to talk. Sometimes it's the little things that matter the most.
    Last edited by bigj8550; 08-20-2008, 03:50 PM.
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76
    You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
    "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
    Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
      I need some clarification on this, what kind of differance do you want to make? You can make a differance in someones life just by saying hello to a lonely individual on the street, buying lunch for a homeless person, or just listening to someone that needs to talk. Sometimes it's the little things that matter the most.
      Exactly, it is not hard to change someone's life. Little things are the best.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

What kind of changes do you think they need? Are you trying to make a change they don't want because that is an lesson in futility.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Hmmm, Make a difference in MY life. I'm broke, got 20 Bucks? :P
          "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
          for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

i make a difference in people lives everytime i go to work =)
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
              I need some clarification on this, what kind of difference do you want to make? You can make a difference in someone's life just by saying hello to a lonely individual on the street, buying lunch for a homeless person, or just listening to someone that needs to talk. Sometimes it's the little things that matter the most.
              +1.

Comment

Ha...

too easy...
                “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Does it have to be a good difference?
                  “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Originally posted by nuthead View Post
                    Does it have to be a good difference?
                    Ha, that was my thinking as well.

Comment

Donate a Kidney, donate part of your liver. Of course you could sell them all on the black market and spend the money on hookers and blow.................

Depends on what kind of difference you want to make. You might think about volunteering or becoming a peer counselor at your church or school.
                      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

*fix a squeaky door for a little old lady.

*play ball with a kid in the neighborhood.

*make dinner for someone....If you can cook.(or drive through)

*mail 20 bucks to someone anonymously. (a nice card, signed someone that supports you and the cash. no return address. Someone did this for My Mom when I was like 13. She still has the card and feels warm fuzzes from it. I wish I knew who did it, trust me they made her month!!!)
                        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                          Donate a Kidney, donate part of your liver. Of course you could sell them all on the black market and spend the money on hookers and blow.................
                          Haha, ahhh that's great.

Comment

Someone actually sent ME $200 cash for Christmas one year. Anonymously.

Weird thing is that I had to pick it up at the P.O., and when I got it, it had been opened. I looked inside and I saw a Christmas card and a bank deposit envelope. I thought either it was somebody's idea of a joke or someone had ripped me off. I was just about to file a complaint with the P.O. when I looked inside the deposit envelope...and found TWO crisp $100 bills.

Now THAT was a fine Christmas. I was exceptionally broke at the time. That gave me enough $ to buy my grandkids some nice presents.

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                            *mail 20 bucks to someone anonymously. (a nice card, signed someone that supports you and the cash. no return address. Someone did this for My Mom when I was like 13. She still has the card and feels warm fuzzes from it. I wish I knew who did it, trust me they made her month!!!)
                            Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                            Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Is this a Pay It Forward type thing?

If that is the case, this is something YOU need to figure out. Although some wonderful ideas have been given, you know your community and you know the people around you.

Take a closer look as you go about your day. Look at people. Interact with them. Pay attention to any vibes you might get. You'll figure it out.
                              http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4110 users online. 240 members and 3870 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X