Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Statue of Limitations?

Hello everyone,

I am just curious but what are the Statue of Limitations for Social Security Fraud under Federal Pennsylvania Laws?

Ex: I think it's up to 4 years for chages of State charges. That is what I am asking for Federal.

Thank you for any replies!

Originally posted by php111 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am just curious but what are the Statue of Limitations for Social Security Fraud under Federal Pennsylvania Laws?

Ex: I think it's up to 4 years for chages of State charges. That is what I am asking for Federal.

The statute of limitations does not begin until the suspect is identified.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Thank you for your reply! Yes the suspect was identified in Wyoming County, PA. The sad news is, I reported them to the Police Officer. The Cop for 1.) wouldn't do anything about it and 2.) wouldn't believe me. What cop won't do his job? That is non sense.

Originally posted by miked6 View Post
      The statute of limitations does not begin until the suspect is identified.

Comment

Sorry, the English/journalism teacher in me just can't let this one go by, especially in a subject heading...

You mean STATUTE, not STATUE.

Statue= as in the Statue of Liberty (a physical object)

Statute = law

It's a commonly repeated mistake.

Hello everyone,

Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
        Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
        A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Social Security fraud is not a state offense, it is a Federal offense! Contact the Social Security Administration to report fraud or suspected fraud.

http://www.ssa.gov/oig/guidelin.htm

The local LEO is not going to do anything about it, in all probability.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

First of all, just exactly what did the person do that constitutes social security fraud in your eyes?

Secondly, if it is truly SS fraud, you need to report it to Social Security, not your local police.

Go here to report SS fraud.
            EDIT: Link above is same as given by SgtCHP

Thank you for your reply! Yes the suspect was identified in Wyoming County, PA. The sad news is, I reported them to the Police Officer. The Cop for 1.) wouldn't do anything about it and 2.) wouldn't believe me. What cop won't do his job? That is non sense.
            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
              First of all, just exactly what did the person do that constitutes social security fraud in your eyes?

Secondly, if it is truly SS fraud, you need to report it to Social Security, not your local police.

Go here to report SS fraud.
              EDIT: Link above is same as given by SgtCHP
              I know it's Federal.

Well, what they did was. Let's see: Start taking checking accounts from my name to their name. Another was: Using my money on their selfs such as moving from home to home to home and using my money to pay for them selfs to live. I remember some years ago I sat down with an SS Rep and he said he would look into it and never did but he did found out, my name was removed from the bank and put under their name.

Comment

Please tell me someone else thought about Seinfeld when they read this topic. hahaha...good stuff.

P.S. I'm not mocking the original poster, just like the Seinfeld reference.

Comment

Never mind.
                  Last edited by L-1; 08-17-2008, 04:55 PM.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Let me make an educated guess: The original poster is receiving SSI for either mental disability or addiction, and doesn't really know what his payee is doing, but supposes that since he isn't getting what he wants when he wants, there is fraud. What patrolman hasn't taken a call or 20 like that?

If you think there is SS fraud, call the Social Security Administration. Local law enforcement can't enforce federal laws, which means that the most you will get is a suggestion to call someone who can do something about it.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I'm sorry, but your explanation here is a bit convoluted. I can't figure out exactly what you mean.

Start taking checking accounts from my name to their name.

Do you mean they transferred money from an account in your name to an account in their name?

If so, how did they do this? If not, what exactly do you mean?

Using my money on their selfs such as moving from home to home to home and using my money to pay for them selfs to live.

I gather you mean they used your money to move. How did they get access to it?

I can see why even SS would not do much about the situation if you explained it to them the way you are explaining it here. What you are saying simply does not make sense. You need to provide much more detail about what these people did and how they did it.

I know it's Federal.

Well, what they did was. Let's see: Start taking checking accounts from my name to their name. Another was: Using my money on their selfs such as moving from home to home to home and using my money to pay for them selfs to live. I remember some years ago I sat down with an SS Rep and he said he would look into it and never did but he did found out, my name was removed from the bank and put under their name.

Comment

I just "ignore" the posts above and answer your questions:

Yes that is what I meant. How do they do it? Well, they was handling my money for me till I was 18 then kicked me out and realized the money kept going from month to month. After that I found out they wanted me back. I really don't know how they did it to be honest. I actually talked to an SS Rep from the Scranton, PA Office. He made some phone calls to the banks and found out the names on the accounts was switched and transferred. My impression on him he was upset. I kept calling him a lot but wasn't getting back to me.

By the way, that site above: I did sent them a message.

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
                        I'm sorry, but your explanation here is a bit convoluted. I can't figure out exactly what you mean.

Start taking checking accounts from my name to their name.

Do you mean they transferred money from an account in your name to an account in their name?

If so, how did they do this? If not, what exactly do you mean?

Using my money on their selfs such as moving from home to home to home and using my money to pay for them selfs to live.

I gather you mean they used your money to move. How did they get access to it?

I can see why even SS would not do much about the situation if you explained it to them the way you are explaining it here. What you are saying simply does not make sense. You need to provide much more detail about what these people did and how they did it.

Comment

Too bad your SS money isn't coming in. You could use it to pay for remedial English lessons.
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                            Too bad your SS money isn't coming in. You could use it to pay for remedial English lessons.
                            hahahahaha

Comment

php111:

It's not hard to change your benefit payee, especially now that you're no longer a minor. Just go the local Social Security office, preferably with some other responsible adult you know, and say that you'd like to be your own benefit payee, or that you'd like to have someone else be the benefit payee.

There's a standard complaint form that a counselor can fill out for you if you think your SSI or disability benefit payments aren't being used for your well-being.

They will you to be your own payee if your disability is not one that makes you unable to handle money responsibly. If it is, you can change the benefit payee to someone else, as long as that person does not appear to SSA to be trying to take you for a ride.

Talk to a counselor about your situation at your local SSA office.

Best wishes to you in handling your disability.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5014 users online. 314 members and 4700 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X