300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get lost in LA!

my hubby and i went to a dodgers game on wednesday night. it was an awesome game. the stadium is in the hills and kind of a pain to get too. getting out is even worse. to make a long story short we ended up getting lost in LA trying to get on the right freeway. we finally found some signs and started to follow them. we were about 100 feet from getting on the on ramp and some crazy transient in just her bra and underwear with a shopping cart full of who knows what throws some rocks at our car and starts screaming at us! i was unarmed and didn't feel anything could really be done (police wise) so i didn't call it in and we just kept driving. but i am still like wtf? obviously this lady was whacked out and i guess we ended up just being in the wrong place at the wrong time i guess. moral of the story: don't get lost in LA
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Dodger stadium is a pain to get to and leaving late at night after the game is an adventure in it’s self. I remember when I was younger after my mother got lost in downtown LA, was the first time I witnessed the biggest rat I had ever seen crossing the road. That sucker was a big as a wiener dog.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I've always wanted to visit LA...We'll see
      sigpic

Comment

Here is a map of the area.

http://la.streetsblog.org/wp-content...er_Stadium.jpg

The next time you are there, enter the stadium parking lot off of the 110 freeway (Purple). When you leave, exit at the same gate (Downtown Gate) and it will put you back on the 110 south. Go for a short distance and take the 101 south, then take I-10 (San Bernardino Freeway) Eastbound. If you prefer, you can stay on the 101 to SR 60 (Pomona Freeway) Eastbound. No surface streets involved.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Lost in LA?

That can be fatal.

Like CHP says, stay with the 110 and you're good. Try the Harbor / Downtown / I-5 interchange sometime at oh...about 4:30 in trhe afternoon...

OH MY GOD!
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Could have been worse.....instead of a Dodger game, you could have been lost getting out of a USC game

Or when the Kings still played at the Forum.....
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              Could have been worse.....instead of a Dodger game, you could have been lost getting out of a USC game
              I went to a party near USC once. That's THE LAST time I'll go there. LA DEP, you can have that damn bowl game.

Comment

The 110 freeway is where all the freeway car-to-car shootings have been happening. Mostly gang related, but stray rounds happen.

I prefer to stick with Angels Games. At least there is a better chance of a home-team win Sorry, Dodgers fans

Comment

Note to self: Stay the HECK away from Cali.
                  http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                    Note to self: Stay the HECK away from Cali.
                    No, don't do that especially if you like to add adventure into your travels. A trip threw downtown LA is a must anytime your on vacation in the golden state.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Does California allow for diesel pick-up trucks with gun racks and guns and fishing poles on those gun racks.
                      http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                        Does California allow for diesel pick-up trucks with gun racks and guns and fishing poles on those gun racks.
                        Well when I moved from Downey to Bishop, CA all I saw were trucks and other vehicles with gunracks, dogs and beer cans in the back so yeah, I think it would be ok.

Now, is it against the law? I have no idea I haven't lived in Cali since 94'.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

Or when the Kings still played at the Forum.....

What's wrong w/ USC?...
                          sigpic

Comment

Your story reminds me of that scene from National Lampoons Vacation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r9GbDGgFpU
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

It's not the school...it's the location, and what surrounds it.

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                              What's wrong w/ USC?...
                              Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                              Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                              A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4208 users online. 263 members and 3945 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X