300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I could make it funny.

I received a call from my sister yesterday, telling me that mama and daddy were taken code one to the hospital, both were unresponsive. Apparently Daddy found Mama, called 911 and then needed assistance himself.

My Daddy was diagnosed with viral pneumonia and was released from the ER.

Mama had a 105.9 temperature...they put her in isolation.

Until Hurricane Smurfette showed up.

Side Note: I now know the top speed of a PT Cruiser.

I am not blaming the medical community as a whole and it's long and involved explanation...safe to say that Mama is still in the hospital, they can't get her stablized, she's septic and whatever "it" is, is attacking random organs. Security suggested I leave last night...they were completely right. I'd lost the ability to be rational and/or tactful. I've only been like that one other time in my life...let me tell you...when you visualize yourself b*tch slappin' the nurse, it's time to leave.

I haven't been to sleep. I tried to get on here last night when I got Daddy to bed,but my heart wasnt in it.

Daddy went back to sit outside mama's room this morning at 0600 hours. He cant' go in of course, since he has pneumonia as well. They've been married 40 years last week. I've never seen love like theirs and it breaks my heart to see his stooped shoulders looking at her through the glass. He can't fix it and she doesn't know he's there half the time.

I decided to drive back home (not the same town) to gather clothes, pay some bills and check on my husband.

He's high as a kite. Apparently he separated his ribs at work last night and didn't want to tell me, knowing I had my hands full.

I'm tired, but to keep things in perspective...when I opened the door NODONTDOTHAT came bounding from the back of the house, saw me, ran over to the back of the couch and threw himself to the ground, paws up.

I have no clue what he's eaten or destroyed and quite frankly it can wait.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Prayers to your mama, dad, and Mr.Smurfette...Thats the good thing about have a dog/pet(s) when you have a bad day they're right there to put a smile on your face, even when they're asking for forgivness, belly and paws up...Hang in there Smurfette...
    sigpic

Comment

Just got a call from my sister. Mama took a turn for the worse, they are airlifting her to a better hospital.

I'm back on the road.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Lost my mom in June. Know how your feeling. Prayers to you and family and hoping all go well.

Comment

My thoughts are with you and your family, Smurfette.. Hang in there
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
          and I'm not sure about the former.
          -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Sending positive thoughts your way.
            Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are going to you and your family. GOD SPEED.
              Originally posted by Smurfette_76
              You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
              "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
              Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

We're praying for you and yours. Hope things get better.
                "Silence! I Kill You!"

Comment

Sending my thoughts and hugs your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                    Sending my thoughts and hugs your way.
                    Me too, Smurfette.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

I'm sorry Smurfette....
                      I feel your pain and totally understand.

prayers and thoughts for all your people.

Take care of yourself too!!!
                      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                      Oscar Wilde

Comment

My thoughts and prayers for your Mom and Dad and you, too, Smurfette.

From what you've said, it seems like toxic septicemia consequent to a bacterial or viral infection. I assume they've done a culture do find out which bug it is to give a better idea of what the right treatment would be.

For example, if it's a fluoroquinilone-resistant and methicillin-resistant strain of staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin and ciprofloxacin (a fluoroquinalone) both often given for the staphylococcus aureus bug, and would if oscillated probably be of greater effectiveness in destroying it. It could be an endobacterium, too.

The "attacking random organs" report indicates to me that the infection is blood-borne. In some cases of subacute bacterial endocarditis the primary infection is in the endocardium and secondary infections proceed via the blood from there.

The high fever level is indicative to me that blood heating should be considered. They pull the blood, heat it to a temperature that the body couldn't have handled but which the blood cells for a brief period can, that is sufficiently high to destroy bacteria and virus, and then put it back in.

If you want to, post or PM more details and I'll try to provide a cogent response. Please understand that I'm not a real physician, but I am a real science and engineering guy with considerable medical knowledge.

I wish the best for you and yours.

Regards,

Monty
                        Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 08-15-2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Smurfette, just when I begin to think that O.com is mostly about laffs 'n' giggles, some real life situations like yours come up.

Yesterday, a friend asked me to come be a witness when his 30 y/o son signed his DNR document. The young man has an aggressive malignant carcinoma and will likely not last more than a few months.

So much that is so wrong in this world, and more often than not, we find ourselves powerless to do anything about it.

As you fly down the road, ask for and take the needed time to take care of yourself.
                          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Sending prayers and thoughts.

Seen anymore encounters with a flock of geese.
                            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                            Not Yet Visited: 16
                            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

My prayers for you and your family. I lost my mom in June. I know it is hard to watch a parent and not be able to help them. BUT don't neglect your own health. You can not help your parents from a hospital bed yourself. Get some rest.
                              visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                              http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                              (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5551 users online. 341 members and 5210 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X