300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Here Ever...

Anyone Here Ever Been Featured On Cops Or Other Le Type Shows?
    visit my blog if you are so inclined.
    http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
    (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

I wasn't asked to sign a release, so I don't think this got on the COPS show, but it was definitely on the tape. In 1991 in Pittsburgh I and my brother ran downstairs from my third floor apartment on hearing a woman seriously screaming. It was a really loud sustained scream. She lived across the street from me a couple of houses down. Some guy had tried to take her purse, and she'd sucessfully fought him off. He'd run up the block and hopped a fence. I asked the woman if the guy had any guns, and she said she hadn't seen any weapons. The COPS guys interviewed me after I came back from running to the fence to check for the perp. When I got to the fence, I saw police lights on the next block over. He got caught on the next block after that, to the best of my knowledge. There was a nice thing about it: at least 20 guys from the neighborhood came running out of their dwellings onto the street on hearing the woman scream. That's being men and good neighbors. I got there first, but it was nice to see all that backup. The woman found it very reassuring. I think the COPS guys probably edited me out, because I said I thought she'd been right to fight. I think the TV wisdom is that it's safer to give up the property.

Comment

I don't think you'll get many people to admit it since they didn't admit it when this same question was asked about a month ago.
      Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

I thought it may have been asked, but I did not want to go back through a zillion pages to check.
        visit my blog if you are so inclined.
        http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
        (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

I had my fifteen minutes of fame on Real Stories of the Highway Patrol

No academy ward. Hard to believe.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I’m not an LEO, but I was on a ride along with a local PD and COPS was riding around in our area command. I signed a release because we went on a hot call with a male fighting an officer and I guess I was in view of the camera a few times standing in the background.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I have been on Fox5 news a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter View Post
                Anyone Here Ever Been Featured On Cops Or Other Le Type Shows?

Anyone here ever see this thread before? I feel like I'm having deja vu...

Comment

Nah. You're just watching re-runs.
                  http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6212 users online. 354 members and 5858 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X