300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortion

I get so sick of hearing about how this candidate for office thinks this of abortion or thinks that of it!

With all the problems that our country has, is the subject really that important?

I'm in full support of any candidate that supports a retroactive abortion. Got a 25 year old that is a piece of Garbage. Take'em out..............LOL
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Various Topics amigo.

Comment

Yes the topic is that important, they could not ignore it and have a chance with either side of the voting public.

Comment

I'm against abortion. I think it's an important topic. I agree with Columbus about which area of the board this thread belongs on.

Comment

Regardless of which side of the argument you're on, I think most people feel it's an important topic.

Lt. Dangle, are you female? If not, then maybe you don't understand how important the topic is in a very personal way for female voters.

Comment

Not a subject for lighthearted discussion -- belongs in Various Topics (Politics and Religion), where the religious and anti-religious extremists tend to hang out.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm not a single issue voter, I look at the total package. I happen to be strongly against abortion, but that does not mean that I absolutely would not vote for someone who is in favor of it. Having a position on abortion issues is indicative of ones moral beliefs, which are important to me in selecting a candidate.

For example one could be "for" abortion in the Liberatarian sense, in that they just don't see it as an issue that necessarily needs the intervention of government. Depending upon other factors, that could be a person whom I could support even though our positions on this one issue differ.

Comment

Originally posted by JMTX View Post
                  Regardless of which side of the argument you're on, I think most people feel it's an important topic.

Lt. Dangle, are you female? If not, then maybe you don't understand how important the topic is in a very personal way for female voters.
                  Most women SUPPORT a woman's right to choose. Naturally so because a female can envision herself in that situation and most women do NOT want to be told what they can do with their OWN bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
                    I get so sick of hearing about how this candidate for office thinks this of abortion or thinks that of it!

With all the problems that our country has, is the subject really that important?
                    You are EXACTLY right. I don't know why anyone cares regardless. WHY on earth would care about some woman's baby hundreds or thousands of miles from you when you'll never ever see her in your life??

If someone cares so much about kids then why not adopt a baby? Once a pro life group was caught when they were exposed what HYPOCRITES they were. They claimed to love kids but NONE of them ever adopted or even volunteered to help orphans or ANY kids! LOL!

The irony is most of these pro life groups don't want the baby aborted but the MINUTE the baby is born they could care less about it!! LMAO! They don't do a thing to help it then!!

The bottom line is in a western democratic nation you can NEVER tell a woman what to do with her body.

If you want to lose the right over your OWN body then you can feel free to move to an Islamic state like Saudi Arabia, where abortion is banned, and then you'll see how it REALLY feels to lose rights!
                    Last edited by Robocop007; 08-13-2008, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I am not a female. I just don't think that it is the governments place to say that a woman can or can not have an abortion. It is a medical procedure and I don't think that the gov't should be involved in anyone's medical business.

If the gov't is so concerned about lives, what about the 1.8-2.0 million people tht die every year from HIV/AIDS? These are real live people walking the earth, not some little spawn in a womb.

Comment

It's a mindset. To me, it's not about Pro-Choice and infringing on a woman's right to choose. It's Pro-1/2 Choice and a child's right to live. It works both ways.

Comment

By the way, I also think it's a dumb issue to base a vote on because nothing is going to changeabout it one way or the other. If a Democrat is elected the current situation will obviously stay the same. And we have a Republican in office right now and nothing has happened with it so to me... worry about the war, economy, big issues like that. Abortion isn't a "big" concern right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
                            I am not a female. I just don't think that it is the governments place to say that a woman can or can not have an abortion. It is a medical procedure and I don't think that the gov't should be involved in anyone's medical business.

If the gov't is so concerned about lives, what about the 1.8-2.0 million people tht die every year from HIV/AIDS? These are real live people walking the earth, not some little spawn in a womb.
                            If the government can't tell you not to kill a pre-born, then why should they get involved if you kill a post born. The only difference between the two is timing.

As for Aids those people are already dead and few people really care about them, as compared to aborting babies, the liberal news media likes to tell up people care about that disease but the public doesn't.

Comment

There's more than one person in prison right now for murder against a not-yet-born person. If someone deliberately kills a fetus without the mother's leave, it's murder against the fetus. But if a pregnant woman opts for an abortion, it's pregnancy termination, and not legally considered to be murder. The law is inconsistent about whether a fetus is a person. I think that an embryo developed past the formation of the neural crest is clearly a person.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2933 users online. 139 members and 2794 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X