300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting

Do you want to hear something sad. I just got back from voting in our primary election. At 11 am I was only the 13th person to have voted in the two precincts at my polling place. I guess its cool because my vote counts for approximated 300 other people if it stays anywhere close to the same rate. It just still amazes me that people worry about taxes, corrupt politicians, constitutional rights etc etc and are to lazy to vote. If we get a 30% turnout we are doing well. I think if we had a 40% during a presidential election it would be a new record.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
    Do you want to hear something sad. I just got back from voting in our primary election. At 11 am I was only the 13th person to have voted in the two precincts at my polling place. I guess its cool because my vote counts for approximated 300 other people if it stays anywhere close to the same rate. It just still amazes me that people worry about taxes, corrupt politicians, constitutional rights etc etc and are to lazy to vote. If we get a 30% turnout we are doing well. I think if we had a 40% during a presidential election it would be a new record.
    Yeah, I remember there was a election here in a city in Broward county (I forgot which one) and noone showed up to vote,not 1 person...People are losing faith in the system, I guess...
    sigpic

Comment

It would be of much more value if these same people realized that they are the first bump in the road we call the system. Less than 20 percent of legal voters define the destiny of millions and most only get involved when its expedient or beneficial for them.

Comment

Many people vote by absentee ballot. Going to the polling place wastes time and money.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

They are not voting due to not liking any one on the ballot.
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Wait a minute.... you are talking about a presidential primary election right? Maybe the reason that nobody was voting was because they realized that right now, the field is filled. Primary presidential elections are pointless now, we have our choices, Obama, or Mcain. So in essence you vote did not count, sorry to be the one to break that to ya.
            Originally posted by Smurfette_76
            You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
            "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
            Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
              Wait a minute.... you are talking about a presidential primary election right? Maybe the reason that nobody was voting was because they realized that right now, the field is filled. Primary presidential elections are pointless now, we have our choices, Obama, or Mcain. So in essence you vote did not count, sorry to be the one to break that to ya.
              Nope this one has the primary for Senator, a state representative, DA and a couple of others. No votes not counting here. A few do the absentee/mail in ballots. We rarely have more than 36% of registered voters turn out here. Its really weird because this area is generally known for being "higher educated" than many areas in the U.S.
              Last edited by Monkeybomb; 08-12-2008, 05:47 PM.
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                They are not voting due to not liking any one on the ballot.
                Sorry to disagree with ya Texaschickeee, but I think it's 'cause they are too friggin LAZY!

Sad thing is, the ones who don't get off their butt to go vote are the very first to complain about the POS sent to DC to represent them. (like they ever really represent anyone but themselves. )
                visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

Nope this one has the primary for Senator, a state representative, DA and a couple of others. No votes not counting here. A few do the absentee/mail in ballots. We rarely have more than 36% of registered voters turn out here. Its really weird because this area is generally known for being "higher educated" than many areas in the U.S.
                  Hey don't feel so bad, people don't vote. All you can do is tell everyone you know to go vote. As for percentages around here we got a 32% turn out last election. 54,150 votes were cast for sheriff, 171,922 was our county population according to the 2000 census, that was a good turn out according to the county goverment.
                  Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                  You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                  "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                  Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4032 users online. 238 members and 3794 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X