Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOE National Training Center

Hello,

I recently accepted a position as Security Police Officer II at one of the Department of Energy National Laboratories and was wondering if anyone had any insight on what the academy is like. The info provided on their website is pretty minimal.

Thanks!

No idea. One of their facilities is nearby and I see ads for openings often. The only thing I know for sure is that it is not a law enforcement position, and they stand fixed or mobile posts and have a QRF.

I know that DOE’s nuclear couriers get really great military style training that they (hopefully) never use.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I know a guy who worked for the DOE many years ago. He said they trained with a local SWAT team but, yea, it is physical security duty. Nothing wrong with that, just know what you are getting into.
    just joe
    Forum Member
    Last edited by just joe; 01-04-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SRF1994 View Post
      Hello,

I recently accepted a position as Security Police Officer II at one of the Department of Energy National Laboratories and was wondering if anyone had any insight on what the academy is like. The info provided on their website is pretty minimal.

Thanks!
      Did you ask anything about the job during the various interviews?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4015 users online. 244 members and 3771 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X