Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self sponsorable- academies in (south) Florida?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanksoldier
    replied
    I’m fairly well off financially. Not quite a multi-multi-millionaire but doing OK... and as a military retiree I have health coverage whether I’m employed or not. The cop job essentially gives me something to do, and pays for toys and vacations.

The poster above who said some departments will avoid you is true... whether they think you won’t take the job seriously, whether they are concerned they can’t cow you by threatening your livelihood... whatever the reason.

Being able to essentially hand them your badge and walk away with no serious consequence DOES give you a different perspective, so they aren’t wrong to be concerned... it’s also true that you may have a lawsuit target on your back.

Other departments won’t care... and if you really want to do the job you won’t care either. Get trained and certified, apply until someone hires you, then put your head down and get to work.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyCityCold View Post
    From what I gathered when I looked into FL LE self sponsorship or sending yourself to the academy is not uncommon. In the Orlando area where I looked it is a community college (Valencia) the same school that local departments might send their hired recruits. I saw that back in CA in the 90's when I was there people would get certified then apply to departments for a job. The ones who I met did it because no one offered them a sponsored academy spot so they went through it and would apply as a certified officer because back then CA had POST standards statewide so they could apply anywhere.

Up here in IL where I reside I haven't seen or heard of that you have to get the training/certification via a department that hires you. Some accept others certification (suburbs) but many don't. If you get hired by the Cook County Sheriff and finish their academy and want to become a Chicago cop you have to go through another academy and if you want to become a IL State Trooper you have to go through their academy.

Here's a list of FL training centers from their state website:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/Tr...g-Centers.aspx

Don't mind these guys, I wouldn't mind working with you. It would be a no brainer who was paying for lunch :-)
    Chicago PD, Cook County Sheriff's Department, and IL State Police are like many large agencies across the country that make you do their academy regardless if you are cop or not. Take away those departments and if you are an active IL certified cop any other department would take you without any extra state mandated training 99 percent of the time.

Leave a comment:

• WindyCityCold
    replied
    From what I gathered when I looked into FL LE self sponsorship or sending yourself to the academy is not uncommon. In the Orlando area where I looked it is a community college (Valencia) the same school that local departments might send their hired recruits. I saw that back in CA in the 90's when I was there people would get certified then apply to departments for a job. The ones who I met did it because no one offered them a sponsored academy spot so they went through it and would apply as a certified officer because back then CA had POST standards statewide so they could apply anywhere.

Up here in IL where I reside I haven't seen or heard of that you have to get the training/certification via a department that hires you. Some accept others certification (suburbs) but many don't. If you get hired by the Cook County Sheriff and finish their academy and want to become a Chicago cop you have to go through another academy and if you want to become a IL State Trooper you have to go through their academy.

Here's a list of FL training centers from their state website:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/Tr...g-Centers.aspx

Don't mind these guys, I wouldn't mind working with you. It would be a no brainer who was paying for lunch :-)

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    You don't want to end up being the next Dan Bilzerian...

Leave a comment:

• NolaT
    replied
    I'd like to hear more about the $14,000,000,....,please.

Leave a comment:

• kingkapoor
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I can only imagine how wealthy a former officer who spends all day on an almost empty forum with negative comments would be.
    The other guys I speak to and rode along with go golfing during their free time.
    Was it pension cuts or the lack of financial resources that keep you on here.

Let me know if you need any financial help. Always looking to help out

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    What an IDIOT. You have no idea of what you speak. See...you’re in MY AO. Your advisers aren’t, nor are you. My monetary status has quite the portfolio in investments and properties. You aren’t the only one with a few dollars...

Here’s a Shinebox. Earn your keep.

• kingkapoor
    commented on 's reply
    More babbling.

I will definitely take the words of a someone who sits on a forum looking for negative things to say and a 0 balance on a bank account over the private banks, wealth advisors, and you know, wealthy people who do this every day.

Wishing you a wonderful evening and some positivity.

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve done more in over 30 years than you’ll EVER do. You are a Child, who got handed money you never EARNED.

No insurance policy is going to cover a lawsuit against you. None. You are a perfect example of a fool who believes they are entitled to anything they want.

You are a dilettante who wants a badge and gun to feel like you are better than others. You’ve NEVER had to prove a thing or work to live.

Go buy a yacht. You can be captain then...

• kingkapoor
    commented on 's reply
    Stay angry my dude.
    Last edited by kingkapoor; 11-07-2020, 06:01 PM.

• Iowa #1603
    commented on 's reply
    Only on TV does a person with 14 million dollars become a cop.

Look up Burke's Law

Become a Reserve Officer if you really think it is necessary to play cop. But CCCSD is correct that you would have a HUGE bullseye on your back in this profession

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    Demanding little Trust Funder, aren’t we?

You won’t get hired. Having that much money will be looked at as you’re just using the job for fun because you’re another bored millionaire. You will be a disciplinary problem from day one.
    Last edited by CCCSD; 11-07-2020, 03:42 PM.

• kingkapoor
    commented on 's reply
    "you're just circling the $8,000,000 and waiting for your share?"

I said Im working 20 hours a week on a regular job. I spend the other 40 managing the assets and catch up to them.

Can you answer the question I originally asked or do you just want to try to point faults here and there?
    Let me explain. I am the only heir and I already have 6 million. You dont just leave vacant homes and cash sitting in bank accounts to do nothing. It takes time to find renters, sell properties, and invest your cash.

Rather than be jealous of the amount I received you could have offered some advice.

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    Being a trust fund baby doesn’t get you anything from people who actually WORK.

Go ahead though, become a cop. That 8 Mill is going to make you a target for every action you take. It’ll be gone pretty quickly.

• NolaT
    replied
    Originally posted by kingkapoor View Post

I work about 20 hours a week with the same company I previously worked with before he fell ill.
    My father died with about 8 million and NO will or trust.
    Im currently trying to vet out financial advisors from glorified salesmen to manage it. Not an easy task.
    So rather than fully resuming your career, you're just circling the $8,000,000 and waiting for your share?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6235 users online. 362 members and 5873 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X