Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self sponsorable- academies in (south) Florida?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sponsorable- academies in (south) Florida?

Im new to Florida, was actively pursuing a career with a sheriffs department in California, and then both my parents passed away.
    I just moved to Florida and wanted to consider self sponsoring so I can get some work out of the way instead of waiting for applications to process.

Anyone familiar with any self sponsorable academies? The places I find on google are primarily agency hire only.

What do you mean by "get some work out of the way" ? Larger agencies are going to require you to attend the academy of their choice whether you have completed a self-sponsored academy or not. I don't work in Florida, but it is my understanding that self-sponsorship is common for smaller agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      What do you mean by "get some work out of the way" ? Larger agencies are going to require you to attend the academy of their choice whether you have completed a self-sponsored academy or not. I don't work in Florida, but it is my understanding that self-sponsorship is common for smaller agencies.
      I meant to do something to kill time. Prior to January 2020 I was working, had a career etc. Then my father fell ill and I had to take care of him till his passing in late May. Havent had a chance to work since.
      I could wait for applications to process or I was thinking of just joining an academy.

Comment

So you quit your work, career, etc., to take care of your ill father Full Time until his passing in May, but haven't yet had time to find / resume work?

Comment

Millennial Mourning lasts one year. Then the money runs out.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Depending on where you are in Florida, lots of departments will send you to the academy. You're better off getting a job and working while you go through the process with police departments. But hey, it's your money to waste.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5599 users online. 291 members and 5308 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X