300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping

Does anyone have any tips to help me increase my jump height for the academy?

No. I struggled with it too, but was able to meet the standard. I was older (44), and it seemed like the 22 year old basketball players were the ones that did great at it.

The vertical leap didn't seem like it was as much of a focus for our instructors, it was just one more thing to get through.

But they absolutely HAMMERED us on the runs, pushups, pullups, and situps. Numerous classmates of mine collapsed on the training runs (as much as 10 miles a day, in hilly terrain, in the mid-day sun) and were transported by ambulance to the ER for IV fluids...

Comment

• SillyNilly
      SillyNilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, like you I am not a young buck, plus I'm female, we wont get started on me being vertically challenged

Originally posted by SillyNilly View Post
    Does anyone have any tips to help me increase my jump height for the academy?
    Practice, practice, practice.

Or just willy-nilly it.

But seriously, there are lots of You Tube videos on technique. That's where I'd start. Good luck.

Comment

• SillyNilly
      SillyNilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I will look them up and hopefully get better

I finally started the Detention Academy here in Idaho, passed the PRT, thankfully. Learning so much already and getting to know everyone from different parts of the state is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyNilly View Post
      I finally started the Detention Academy here in Idaho, passed the PRT, thankfully. Learning so much already and getting to know everyone from different parts of the state is awesome.
      Congratulations.

Remember, the goal is to graduate.

...all the little awards for PT, academics, whatever are great but striving for that and missing sleep, or injuring yourself, is counter productive.

Pull your weight, put in the work to do well, but don’t waste time and energy trying for something that isn’t in easy reach. Once you graduate nobody is going to care who had the high PT score or high academic average in your class.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

2 weeks left of the Detention Academy, I've enjoyed the opportunity, but at the same time I'm ready to get back to work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6594 users online. 362 members and 6232 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X