Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bay Regional The Academy, Basic Academy

Hello all,

So i'm applying to a lot of different departments here in California and have a back up plan of self-sponsoring myself at "South Bay Regional". My question is, if I do decide to self sponsor myself what are the odds of a department picking me up during or after the academy?

Thanks and have a good one!
    Last edited by Winter94; 04-22-2019, 12:55 PM. Reason: Academy, South Bay Regional, California, Basic Academy

Very high, pending your ability to be hired.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Very high, pending your ability to be hired.
      So is the hiring process just harder for those who want to get sponsored through the academy?

Comment

No. It’s the same process. Just that the Academy is removed.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I went thru South Bay regional is 2010-11. SB-106. Back then, the entire state was on a hiring freeze and in a class of 55, we had only one sponsored recruit. The rest of us went through hoping we might possibly get a shot as an unpaid reserve. In my opinion, now that everyone is hiring left and right, I'd probably wait to get picked up first and so that way you don't have to foot the bill for the academy (+/- $3500)

Comment

Very high if you are a good recruit with a clean background. Agencies actively recruit from Academys.

Comment

I went through South Bay. We had a one non-affiliate who got hired before the end.

I would look for a Department to pick you up. The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office is hiring.
              semper destravit

Comment

I’d wait for an agency to pick you up and send you thru academy unless your dream agency only hires academy grads/laterals.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                  I went through South Bay. We had a one non-affiliate who got hired before the end.

I would look for a Department to pick you up. The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office is hiring.
                  Sheriffs department is one of the departments I would love to work for so hopefully I get in. Also if you dont mind me asking what year did you go to SBR?

Comment

• RGDS
                    RGDS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Long ago. The Academy has changed since I attended.

With the shortage of qualified applications, no reason to self-sponsor. If you are hireable/clean background, you nearly have your pick of agencies.
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  Your logic defies logic
                  Originally posted by Rudy8116
                  Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                  Originally posted by 02paul09
                  Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
                    With the shortage of qualified applications, no reason to self-sponsor. If you are hireable/clean background, you nearly have your pick of agencies.
                    Yeah I heard about that but, the reason why I am doing this academy is because the time frame fits perfectly after I leave college.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8361 users online. 246 members and 8115 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X