300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Exam

I’m taking BLET at Wilson Community college. Sworn in as a Deputy Sheriff while in the academy. I haven’t failed any topics tests this far (not bragging). We are in the final two weeks of the academy, started out with 19 and down to 14. Only lost one to academics. I feel nervous about taking the state exam and pressured since my entire family, Sheriff’s Office is counting on me to pass the exam. I just fear losing my job and then having to start BLET all over. When I study on the weekends I always do so thoroughly, highlight and write down everything that looks like it’ll be on the test. Does anyone have any tips, advice? How tough was the exam? What type of questions are on the test? People say look at the training objectives but it always end up being the entire book. Any advice will help!

I'm in Illinois myself but when I was in the academy at the end of 2016, the weekly test questions were modeled after the ones on the state exam. Something similar may be true where you're at?

Have you been doing alright as the Academy has progressed? Then you'll do alright on the State Exam too. My test was multiple choice and two of the four options were always obviously wrong. When I looked between the two left, it was usually easy to pick what I felt the right answer was. I was never told my actual score but I passed which means I did better than 70%.

Comment

I cant comment on where you are, but here in Louisiana, as long as you study and have a little common sense the state exam isnt all that difficult. Good luck to you.

Comment

What's your test scores like so far?

Comment

westside popo Theyre around “80-100s”. I always study the lesson plans thoroughly. I understand the lesson plans. I’m just worried about the exam and having to remember everything from previous lesson plans.

Comment

You should be ok then. If you're still concerned try a group study session with fellow students. Ask each other questions and answer them together using the book. Someone will ask a question that someone else may have forgotten.

Comment

I can't speak to your state's exam but I'm certified in both Illinois and Wisconsin and had to take both state's exams. While Wisconsin's was much harder than Illinois' as long as you study and took the academy seriously you'll be fine. I went through the academy in Illinois, we started off with about 50 recruits and graduated with about 35. Not a single student failed the state exam.

I was nervous too as Illinois you have to be sponsored so I was nervous not just for myself but like you I didn't want to fail my department either.

Based on your post you clearly care about doing a good job which means you'll pass without any issues.

Comment

It's been a few months since you posted; how did the test go?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7527 users online. 366 members and 7161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X