300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting my car?

My husband is currently in Corrections Academy. He’s getting sprayed very soon (they don’t give an exact date). We only have one car and I will be picking him up from class with our 4 month old with me. Obviously I was sprayed when I was in class but at the time there was no baby to worry about. I have a roll of paper towels and 2 heavy cloth towels in the trunk for whenever he gets sprayed, are there any other steps I should take to keep the OC from getting into the material of my vehicle too badly? obviously he won’t be touching the baby until he’s COMPLETELY decontaminated.

Bring him a set of spare clothes and a garbage bag. Have him change into the spare clothes; put the contaminated clothes in the garbage bag and put bag in trunk of vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sincity View Post
      Bring him a set of spare clothes and a garbage bag. Have him change into the spare clothes; put the contaminated clothes in the garbage bag and put bag in trunk of vehicle.
      That’s a good idea! Was also thinking about using trash bags to cover the car seat. He texted me about 20 mins ago and they are getting sprayed today

Comment

Originally posted by COwifeformerCO View Post

That’s a good idea! Was also thinking about using trash bags to cover the car seat. He texted me about 20 mins ago and they are getting sprayed today
        LOL I also was going to mention if you're super OD, to cover the seat with 2 large yard waste bags.

Comment

Is there a shower at the academy? Have him change and shower before getting into the car
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Make him walk...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Make him walk...
              Have him take Uber

Comment

A change of clothes should do it. Giving me flashbacks here, OC day was the worst. Dawn dish soap for body cleaning later!

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                  Is there a shower at the academy? Have him change and shower before getting into the car
                  unfortunately no

Comment

• moparfan
                    moparfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Guess he can take a bird bath in the bathroom

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Make him walk...
                  nah that’s too far and there’s no Uber where we live

Comment

Originally posted by NW121 View Post
                    A change of clothes should do it. Giving me flashbacks here, OC day was the worst. Dawn dish soap for body cleaning later!
                    I’ve got the dawn in the shower already waiting on him lol. I’m packing the change of clothes now and took out the stroller and anything not 100% needed for the trip to try to cut down contamination

Comment

How'd OC go for him?

Comment

Originally posted by NW121 View Post
                        How'd OC go for him?
                        I suspect there was a lot of fussing during the car ride home.....and it wasn't from the 4-month-old.

Comment

• NW121
                          NW121 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I will never forget OC day, hah. Was like Satan peed in my face. Took a couple hours before I was fully recovered and I had random migraines for two or three weeks after, think it got lodged up in my sinuses. My FTO had some get under a filling when he did his and the tooth absessed.

OC for me was bad no matter how many times I've had to get it. Every time I PCS'd in the Army I had to get sprayed (6 times), not to mention the exposure of actually working with it.Then I decided to be a cop and get sprayed again. I can tell you that it was the worse physical thing i've been through up to and including a kick in the balls. The best advice I got was a lil too late for my army career. But mix water with Mylanta that antacid stuff makes decon a lot easier than anything I've ever done. When I was in Seattle I got that same tip from someone who was a professional protester and he said he sprays that compound on his face before he marches and keeps it on. I tried that at the academy and it didnt work for me as far as the exposure. But the decon was a breeze.

Comment

untitled22222.png

A few minutes under the hose and a towel should remove most of the carrier and resin.

It's the stuff that gets in the skin pores that can later cause problems. I remember the first time I was academy sprayed- it was before lunch and everything seemed fine after ten minutes of hose time. But in the afternoon, we were on the gun range, out in the sun. My pores opened up and some sweat drained into my eyes, right in the middle of a stage of fire. I instantly became a blind man with a gun in hand and yelled for an instructor. Good times.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Hanlon's razor

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8683 users online. 420 members and 8263 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X