300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Academy/TCOLE

Hello all thank you for taking the time to read my posting, I'll try to keep it short and to the point. I currently live in Colorado, I got a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice (Strike 1 right?) and did an internship with the local department. I am having a difficult time getting into a department here in Colorado and am strongly considering moving to Texas. I can put myself through an academy for a fraction of what it costs here. I don't really enjoy the winter and Colorado is so expensive these days that Texas is looking pretty good; yes im aware of how hot it is. What I'm looking for are recommendations as far as academies go, is there one that is the Harvard of police academies vs just a generic one? I'm already having trouble getting into law enforcement with a 40k Bachelor's and don't want to go to a mediocre academy then be outta luck upon graduation. I'm 6'1" tall, 190lbs can run a 7 minute mile. I am working out daily to get ready. I have gotten to various levels of the process ie, oral boards and poly but get tripped up on various tests along the way. Putting myself through seems like the next stage. Thank you again for your advice, guidance, and support I really do appreciate it. -Dave

There are a number of self sponsor academies. Narrow it down to what area you will be living. In Dallas, Eastfield College has a self sponsor academy.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
      There are a number of self sponsor academies. Narrow it down to what area you will be living. In Dallas, Eastfield College has a self sponsor academy.
      Thanks for the input, I'll check it out

Comment

Did you make the move? I’m getting ready to go into South Plains College Police Academy in Levelland TX. Self sponsored. Lots of hires coming straight out of the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7996 users online. 451 members and 7545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X