300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Academies

I’ve noticed quite a few participants of this forum have been to multiple LE academies; either to advance or switch careers or get to a different office or area. I wanted to see what the most academies someone has attended has been. I’d like to also hear what the hardest parts of the academies are and what types they have attended.

For me it’s 4 “full” academies. A city PD’s in-house academy (10 weeks), a state POST academy (was 480 hrs back then), a 12-week Criminal Investigator Training Program academy at FLETC, and the NCIS Academy’s Special Agent Basic Training (also 12 weeks at FLETC).

And for good measure, also completed a 2-week POST re-certification course in my state 6 years ago.

I recently went back to my state POST academy as a guest instructor. Had a much better time there in that role.
    sigpic

Comment

demon_by_chase_sc2-d3ew2p5.jpg
      Gonads are useful for their purpose, but they are no substitute for brains.

-Paul Harvey

Comment

• newguy1234
        newguy1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that’s definitely a record. I hope you at least went to different academies that were not all in the same place like FLETC.

I started off trying a self sponsor academy. It was either leave or lose my job I had at the time. The next academy I went to was for Corrections. There was nothing really difficult about it, besides the other non certified officers that were some of the most undisciplined people I've ever known. Now I'm in my 3rd(and last) academy for a city police department with 4 weeks left.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7713 users online. 367 members and 7346 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X