300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of boots for the academy?

This is my first time posting on the forum, so hi every one!

Long story short, I am located in North East Ohio going to an academy that starts this August and goes through the winter. This means that when the academy starts it will be hot and humid, and for most of the rest it will be cold and snowy. And to complicate things even more, I dont have the best ankles because of injuries I received playing football in high school so I think that I want taller boots to help support the garbage joints that are holding up the rest of my body.

Just looking for suggestions and anything will help. Thanks!

What is the criteria for boots you must meet, if any? That way you would get better results from us.
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

J2H:
      The only requirement is that they are black leather

Comment

Get 10in Ft Lewis Danners. They are insulated. You can polish them.

10 In refers to the height of the boot, check for your foot size.
        semper destravit

Comment

Whatever you buy, be sure they’re comfortable. You’re gonna spend a lot of time on your feet. When I was in colder environments, I would wear slightly larger boots and use either disposable foot warmers or electric socks. Most of my boots were made by either 5.11 Tactical or Original S.W.A.T., and were waterproof. I’d have two pairs of boots at any given time, one that was 8” and the other that was 6” (height wise). I’d wear the taller boots in rainy or snowy conditions. The shorter ones for other days. I like having a spare pair of boots in case I contaminate a pair or they get soaked.
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I have weatherproof Danner Ascenders, but I think they have a suedish top to them... not sure
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
              Get 10in Ft Lewis Danners. They are insulated. You can polish them.

10 In refers to the height of the boot, check for your foot size.
              I had the uninsulated, and they were the best boots I ever had. I resoled them probably 3 times and lasted me about 6 years.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5916 users online. 190 members and 5726 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X