Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maya1994 View Post
    What’s up with all the negativity lol
    I posted a long post with questions and details on why I was worried on getting hired, my guess is not all of it got posted or something went wrong.
    if you get the chance read this book

Emotional survival for law enforcement: A guide for officers and their families
    https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-sur.../dp/0971725403

It will help you understand a bit more about police officers and how some of the guys on here are cynical and hostile to new users. It will also help you understand the field you are considering getting into

Police officers are more likely to commit suicide than killed by felons, the life expectancy for officers is 59 (i think) and 7 years after retirement.

Welcome to law enforcement.

Be sure to smile for the cameras.....

Comment

Originally posted by Newuser2018 View Post

if you get the chance read this book

Emotional survival for law enforcement: A guide for officers and their families
      https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-sur.../dp/0971725403

It will help you understand a bit more about police officers and how some of the guys on here are cynical and hostile to new users. It will also help you understand the field you are considering getting into

Police officers are more likely to commit suicide than killed by felons, the life expectancy for officers is 59 (i think) and 7 years after retirement.

Welcome to law enforcement.
      How can you welcome someone to Law Enforcement, when you're not even in it?

How can you advise someone what it's like and what to expect... when you haven't even been hired yet?

Aren't you still filling out applications?

***Edited:

My bad. I just saw your post in the other thread. You DID actually get hired. Now you're an experienced two-week training academy veteran, so you've seen some s***.
      Last edited by Curt5811; 08-18-2018, 01:05 PM.
      You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9901 users online. 479 members and 9422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X