Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa AZ Academy

Hi everyone,

I am going to be attending the Mesa academy next month and I was hoping to hear from people who have recently attended or know of someone who has.

How is the physical aspect starting out and throughout? I've heard it's the hardest in AZ but I've also heard they have become more lenient. I know someone who just graduated PHX and he said it was pretty easy, only running a couple miles every other day.

Is there a lot of homework every night?

Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Originally posted by adsfbike View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am going to be attending the Mesa academy next month and I was hoping to hear from people who have recently attended or know of someone who has.

How is the physical aspect starting out and throughout? I've heard it's the hardest in AZ but I've also heard they have become more lenient. I know someone who just graduated PHX and he said it was pretty easy, only running a couple miles every other day.

Is there a lot of homework every night?

Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Do you have the pre-academy with the department that is hiring you? More than half of my group will head to Phoenix while the rest will head to Mesa. I think we might be in the same academy class. Class 42 ???

They need people so I was told that they got more lenient compare to back then + no more tasing.

I was told to get a head start by reading into Chapter 13 and 28 and to exercise on a regular basis ( 300+ push ups, sit up and 3+ miles run a day). July is one of the hottest months in Arizona so get used to exercise in 95+ degree heat. The temperature is hitting 108-110 for this week.

Be ready for 115-120 heat in July.
    Last edited by Newuser2018; 06-04-2018, 09:10 PM.
    Be sure to smile for the cameras.....

Comment

I do have pre Academy, in about a month. I work outside so that will help in getting used to working out in the heat. I've been running 4.5 miles, still trying to get that improved but I need to work at push-ups and sit-ups. Thank you for your insight.

Comment

• Newuser2018
        Newuser2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did they send the vouchers over to Universal store for you to pick up the uniforms yet ? I heard the class will be around 50 people. 28-30 of them will be from Mesa PD,10-13 from Gilbert PD, and some other departments
        Last edited by Newuser2018; 06-13-2018, 06:36 PM.

"....should be adept at bodyweight exercises such as push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, air squats, burpees, and pull-ups. These types of exercises will be combined with cardio-based intervals and other weighted activities resulting in a demanding and well-rounded fitness routine. "

You probably got the same instructions...
      Be sure to smile for the cameras.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8964 users online. 350 members and 8614 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X