300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Academy Apparel Help!

People in the academy or officers on the force, what kind of boots do you wear and where do you buy them from? I start the academy tomorrow and I need to find a pair that can be polished one of my instructors said and I’ve looked at Dick’s with no luck and Gander MTN near me is now closed. Any help?

Show up with what you should have purchased off the list. You can fix it in your first few days.

Comment

Look at Walmart
      That is where I buy my boots
      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You'll want the Lawpro Hi-Gloss Oxfords for the academy. They're on sale at Galls.com for $33 and with rush shipping, maybe they'll be on your feet by Day Two of the academy.

They are the most uncomfortable shoes your dogs will ever know, and the only time you'll wear them after the academy is for funerals and at new-chief-gets-sworn-in events. But they do have a nice glossy sheen, and that kind of thing is important when you're in the fishbowl, where little things like shiny boots carry great weight, regardless of how absurdly impractical they are.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        When the wolf tells the story, the shepard is the enemy.

Comment

And if you were given clear instructions and ample time to get the proper footwear before Day One and you showed wearing a pair of dirty Nikes, you are deservedly on the Un-F Yourself list.
          When the wolf tells the story, the shepard is the enemy.

Comment

I am currently in the academy now, our guys have mixed brands we spend a lot of time polishing each night. Everyone likes the light boots bates, Under Armour etc. I got the Danner Recon they are similar to the Acadia. They are a heavier boot but I am use to them from the military. The leather takes a great polish and they are easy to get the glass over look. A bit expensive but will last a long time and are great for your feet. Won’t help you tonight but worth it when you get going.

Comment

Nothing like waiting until the last minute then asking others to do the work for you.

Comment

Update? Still in the academy?
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
                  Nothing like waiting until the last minute then asking others to do the work for you.
                  Several things must have gone wrong for OP to make this post.......I think ateamer's question above is a very valid one
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  Your logic defies logic
                  Originally posted by Rudy8116
                  Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                  Originally posted by 02paul09
                  Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Maybe the OP is having issues getting their head outta their @$$. Sounded like the OP was a soup sandwich and doomed from the start.
                    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Is it true that in the academy in HI, you wear flip flops and aloha shirts on fridays?

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                        Maybe the OP is having issues getting their head outta their @$$. Sounded like the OP was a soup sandwich and doomed from the start.
                        It doesn't take long to find "that guy"

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          Is it true that in the academy in HI, you wear flip flops and aloha shirts on fridays?
                          Dunno, never been to any of the Hawaii academies on a Friday. Heard conflicting reports, so it may depend on who the primary instructor is.
                          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I had some HI DOC guys in an Instructor school. Awesome dudes...and yeah, the wore the shirts.

Comment

I bought an extra pair from a guy in my area for about 50% off, and everything in the academy is going just fine so far, had a lot of the material in college so it’s kind of dry but straight forward, and no they didn’t specify what kind of footwear to have on the first day in the email, just where to get our uniform/PT clothing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2144 users online. 143 members and 2001 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X