300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background investigation worry.

The background officers where I’m applying really made prior tickets sound like a big deal which has me worried. When I was younger (16, now I’m 26) I got like 3 or 4 speeding tickets, but haven’t received a speeding ticket since 2012. I hope it doesn’t cause a dq as who I was 10 years ago isn’t indicative of who I am today. Suggestions anyone?

You are going to be DQ`d ok. Don't feel bad. It's easier since me, a stranger, told you.......

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm joking. I have no idea how this agency will view that. But if this all you got to worry about, good luck.

• taysha2092
      taysha2092 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like you come to this forum to judge people and act like you are perfect. You are a very rude person and are not here to help people and give positive feedback. You were probably a bully in school and now want to be a big bad police officer.

Originally posted by Mec0716 View Post
    The background officers where I’m applying really made prior tickets sound like a big deal which has me worried. When I was younger (16, now I’m 26) I got like 3 or 4 speeding tickets, but haven’t received a speeding ticket since 2012. I hope it doesn’t cause a dq as who I was 10 years ago isn’t indicative of who I am today. Suggestions anyone?
    No suggestions other than do your best to keep your license clean between now and when you're hired (and obviously beyond). Nothing else you can do.

For what it's worth, a teenager racking up a few speeding tickets isn't anything unusual. Six years clean is a pretty good indicator that your brain is more fully developed now.

Good luck!

Comment

So what's your plan? To lie about them? Just be honest and let the cards fall where they fall. Maybe you'll be fine. But lying will f*** you forever.
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Mec0716
        Mec0716 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I’m not going to lie about them, from what I’ve heard and read any lie is an auto dq. They just made it seem like if you had a lot of tickets to need not apply and 16 year old me liked to go fast. That’s all. I’ve put down all the tickets I remembere on the app and I’m just going to go from there.

I have a ticket as recent as last March and that’s not even the worst thing I’m worried about with my background. I think you’ll be fine.

Comment

I had a revoked license and still passed all the qualifications. I'm just waiting on one last panel board and then conditional job offers will be given. But already asked to start showing up to the pre-academy training the department sets up for those approved and will be hired on.

Comment

• Mec0716
          Mec0716 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Congrats!!! What department??

• JmateuszK
          JmateuszK commented
          Editing a comment
          Denver Police Department

• J2H
          J2H commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you currently have a valid license?

• JmateuszK
          JmateuszK commented
          Editing a comment
          i do. having a valid drivers license is definitely a qualification that is needed. Or else it could be a DQ. Showing that you took care of things on your record helps as well.

Each agency has different standards as does each investigator. Just be honest and let whatever happen. I tested for an agency with a friend once. My investigator was great and kept in constant contact with me and asked for explanations anytime she had questions.My friend on the other hand had a different investigator who was the total opposite and made him eventually withdraw and go to another agency.

And if you get disqualified then move on to the next. Its not always easy to land your first choice the first time. That same friend I mentioned tested with his current agency three times before getting hired.

Comment

Tell them- don't let them dig it up.
          You'll be fine .
          SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
          SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

I have my background coming up here in a couple of weeks. I know here they only want to know about your last 6 years of tickets. I'm sure they can see beyond that, but that's all they ask you to list. ALSO, I've talked to numerous people who have been through our process and they said the appeal process (at least for this department) is insanely easy. They DQ a ton of people but then after a quick conversation at the appeal decide to let them back in. Hopefully yours is similar.
            The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

If that’s the worst in your background then you’ll be fine with most departments. Everyone makes mistakes. It’s what you do about them afterwards that sets folks apart. The almost 6 year gap will help.

Comment

There's no one answer, as every department is different. I've learned that ALL issues in your background, however minor or major (excluding auto-DQs) may or may not be a roadblock to a person getting hired. It's also going to come down to how much the department wants you. If you're their guy, they're usually more inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt on minor, and sometimes even moderately significant issues in your background. If not, those issues can be used as an excuse to bounce you.
                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                -Chris Rock

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8658 users online. 341 members and 8317 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X