300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help?

Hey, I recently applied to become an officer and I am taking my PT next month to be considered for the upcoming class. I am not really concerned about the PT cause I already am in shape to reach the goals. I’m just working out harder to cut my times down as much as I can.

can anyone inform me on what to expect after that? Anything I should be in the works training for?

Search and read all the posts asking this same, exact same, question. That'll help inform you, develop research skills, and improve your attention to detail.

There you go.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Devonkelly1
      Devonkelly1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks, I’ll go read and search.

Also, I have never shot a gun before. Is that something I should start working on?

Comment

No. They will teach you what you need. Plenty of people will tell you to start shooting so you can get familiar. The ONLY people who should be teaching you, if you want to, are those instructors who are teaching to current academy/agency standards, using the same weapons you will use.

Starting to shoot now, without a structured program, even just plinking, is going to ingrain bad habits.

Dont worry about it. If you have an uncluttered , open mind, you will do MUCH better.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• J2H
        J2H commented
        Editing a comment
        Thankfully, when I went into Federal Civilian Police, I didn't have to change much in shooting, as the Dept of the Army was training pretty similarily to the Air Force

Originally posted by Devonkelly1 View Post
      Hey, I recently applied to become an officer and I am taking my PT next month to be considered for the upcoming class. I am not really concerned about the PT cause I already am in shape to reach the goals. I’m just working out harder to cut my times down as much as I can.

can anyone inform me on what to expect after that? Anything I should be in the works training for?
      Aside from what you've already been told I'd say two things....

1) Become as informed on the jurisdiction you've applied with as you can.

2) Expect a lot of qualified competition.
      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6291 users online. 226 members and 6065 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X