Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting over the wall....PAT

Hey guys and gals,

So, I am having an issue with getting over the 6ft wall in the Physical Agility Test. I have done it before without issue. But when I took a PAT 2 weeks ago, I couldn't do it. When I did it before, I was about 15lbs heavier and did not have the muscle or endurance that I have now. I just found out that I have to redo my PAT THIS SATURDAY.
    I am in backgrounds with 2 agencies, but it will all mean nothing if I can't get over the wall. I found a wall near my house, and I have started going to it. Only 1 out of every 10 or 15 times am I actually able to get over it.
    Any advice?

M

Originally posted by mhurwitz58 View Post
    Hey guys and gals,

So, I am having an issue with getting over the 6ft wall in the Physical Agility Test. I have done it before without issue. But when I took a PAT 2 weeks ago, I couldn't do it. When I did it before, I was about 15lbs heavier and did not have the muscle or endurance that I have now. I just found out that I have to redo my PAT THIS SATURDAY.
    I am in backgrounds with 2 agencies, but it will all mean nothing if I can't get over the wall. I found a wall near my house, and I have started going to it. Only 1 out of every 10 or 15 times am I actually able to get over it.
    Any advice?

M
    There are TONS of youtube videos demonstrating different techniques for the 6ft wall jump. Pick a technique that's most appealing to you, copy it, and keep practicing.

Best of luck! Don't let that wall beat you!

Comment

That wall is standing between you and success. Get the bleep over it and move on. Record yourself and watch your technique.

Comment

6 foot wall depending on athleticism would vary. If athletic the running up and launching with one foot technique works well and takes less out of you as opposed to running up and trying to climb over the wall (using pretty much all upper body strength).

Comment

calesthetics excersice push ups more pull ups and technique... best of luck

Comment

OP, did you make it over the wall?

I hope so. Would be a shame if THAT held you back.

Comment

Test got rescheduled. I take it November 8th. I am kinda glad because it gives me more time to keep working! I will keep you all updated!

Comment

Test got rescheduled. I take it November 8th. I am kinda glad because it gives me more time to keep working! I will keep you all updated!
                Thanks for the update. Keep practicing! It would be nice to hear a success story for once...

Comment

So, the test got rescheduled again for yesterday. 11/11/2017. I showed up, and I was the only one there. I talked with the RTO about failing the wall before and he gave me a few quick pointers. I asked if we could start with the wall, then do the everything else. He agreed. Went to the wall, he yelled go. I made it over the wall and completed the 25 yard sprint in under 11 seconds. Passed the rest of the PAT with flying colors. I needed 384 points, I scored a total of 471. Should get the official notification for the academy next week!!
                  Thank you all!

Comment

Congrats! That's excellent news.

Keep up your positive attitude and perseverance and you'll make it through the academy with flying colors, too!

Comment

What if the actual test is to see who goes around the wall.

Comment

• mhurwitz58
                        mhurwitz58 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's what I did the first time, and failed. Gotta go over it.

• not.in.MY.town
                        not.in.MY.town commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, it was worth a shot.

not.in.MY.town Thank you!!! Got the email last night that I have been accepted into the academy. Starts January 30th! I am pretty excited!!

Comment

not.in.MY.town Thank you!!! Got the email last night that I have been accepted into the academy. Starts January 30th! I am pretty excited!!
                        Congratulations!! Glad to hear your hard work paid off.

Comment

How is life at the academy?
                          The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

Which Academy was this one for? Also congratulations I'm happy that you made it over the wall

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7049 users online. 288 members and 6761 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X