Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOCCS Parole Academy

Hey Guys,

I took the Parole Officer Trainee exam in June of 2017, I got my score and I passed. I just wanted to know what to expect in the Parole Academy? I know it will be awhile before I am called, I just want to prepare myself. Do they yell and scream like they do for the Corrections Academy?

Maybe they do, will that change your mind?
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I'm assuming that you're in NY based on the terminology and acronyms that you're using, so correct me if I'm wrong. When I went through the police academy years ago there was a Parole Officer class going through at the same time. Each day while we were getting hammered with calisthenics and acts of pure sadism, they were sitting on the benches watching us. Some were smoking, others drinking coffee. All were dressed in jeans and either polos or button-down shirts. So my guess, based on my experience, is that they don't do much in the way of yelling or PT. Perhaps it has changed in the meantime, and it's a legitimate law enforcement job ether way, but that's what I remember.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7329 users online. 255 members and 7074 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X