300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a LEO career

I'm seriously considering pursuing a career in law enforcemen/ police work in west Michigan . I'm looking into options for my associate's degree and academy. What bearing does a 2 year degree choice have on future employment? How tough can it be to find employment upon completing the prerequisites? What are the common starting positions and how long does it take to move up the ladder?

Start by reading the following thread from beginning to end ............the information is still applicable

https://forum.officer.com/forum/publ...-getting-hired
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm looking into options for my associate's degree and academy. What bearing does a 2 year degree choice have on future employment?
      One thing about the academy is, most places, it's worth a year or more of lower division college credit. You can be halfway or more towards that degree... but if you earn that degree first the credit won't help.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6765 users online. 234 members and 6531 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X