300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy shoes (searched already)

Hello all! I performed a search and found some great info in terms of the basic shoes.. I was given the shopping list end of day 08/10/17 w/ a SO academy start of 8/14/17... So the raiding of Walmarts, Kohls, JCPennys has begun.. I'm struggling w/ the shoe aspect though.. Our Class Sgt.'s write up states "black shoe or boots that can be spit shined, note you will be running/jogging everywhere in the academy". Beyond this nothing is really said. While at pre employment there was a photo of a prior class being inspected. Their shoes looked like black basic cross trainers maybe? I saw laces on those in the photo that I could make out.

For regular PT the running/cross training shoes I have are approved. So I am just looking for brands or direction for the shoe/boots I would be allowed to purchase possible that would be A. polish/shine worthy and B. possibly fit the vague description.

I did ask pre employment, they advised they cannot answer/aren't sure. The Sgt. is not available until 0600 on start date as well.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and help!

Find a uniform store in your area and buy a set of Bates or 511 boots. I like something taller for ankle support.

If you're in Phoenix, there should be loads of public safety uniform stores that know exactly what you need.

Stay away from Wallyworld and dept stores. Buy quality, not junk.
    You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post
      Find a uniform store in your area and buy a set of Bates or 511 boots. I like something taller for ankle support.

If you're in Phoenix, there should be loads of public safety uniform stores that know exactly what you need.

Stay away from Wallyworld and dept stores. Buy quality, not junk.
      Thank you sir! (Walmart etc is only for the white dress shirt, black tie, slacks, running shorts and white t shirts for PT).. I'm just only thinking that these are the black shoes that can be "shined" nightly/daily/when ordered. The actual ordering/piece/earning of clothing occurs in about week 5 - week 23 the agenda states. So good/great boots are something I intend on getting when permitted. They have not specified if I am allowed to get my hands on them now and wear them day 1.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6844 users online. 162 members and 6682 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X