300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol 1st Duty assignment

At what point are you told where your first station will be?
    Last edited by canes3714; 07-11-2017, 10:39 AM.

When you are hired, go through the Academy, and get it.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!! How helpful

• J2H
      J2H commented
      Editing a comment
      CANES. It was a pretty dumb question. You'll find out when you find out

Remember, it's a federal agency. Could be anywhere in the country. I don't know if they have a "fantasy wish list" like the military or not.

Comment

I believe they do, but usually it's a "watch him put where he wants to go and we'll do the exact opposite" list
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

You will get notified of your duty station when you get "the call". Don't make threads with about each individual question you have. All of this is easily searchable on a thing called Google.

Comment

Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
          You will get notified of your duty station when you get "the call". Don't make threads with about each individual question you have. All of this is easily searchable on a thing called Google.
          Noooooo.....whaaaaaa? Really???

+10000000000

Comment

I can almost guarantee you one thing,,,your assignment won't be on the border of Canada...
            Retired LASD

Comment

I hope you enjoy small, dusty towns in Texas or California. There is also an entire website dedicated solely to the USBP...http://www.honorfirst.com/

Comment

Lol at the bs search posts...most conversations are dated like about 90% Of the topics on this forum, and how was it a dumb question? Some people like to prepare in advance, yes they do have a preferred area for duty stations, each job ad. has a general area for which the announcement is looking for, in the area however there are multiple duty stations.
                I understand some of you live for this forum and can't go a day with out posting I guess it's the retired life? I don't know, if you don't know the answer it's ok to NOT respond.
                must suck to live your crotchety life..lol

Comment

Originally posted by canes3714 View Post
                  Lol at the bs search posts...most conversations are dated like about 90% Of the topics on this forum, and how was it a dumb question? Some people like to prepare in advance, yes they do have a preferred area for duty stations, each job ad. has a general area for which the announcement is looking for, in the area however there are multiple duty stations.
                  I understand some of you live for this forum and can't go a day with out posting I guess it's the retired life? I don't know, if you don't know the answer it's ok to NOT respond.

You are going to find out that in law enforcement...................& especially with the FED.................that you can be as "prepared" as you want and it won't mean a thing

If you don't learn to let the small stuff roll off your back..........you will either have a LO N G career or a very short one.

Also if you don't like the answers given.................there IS a remedy..............................the log off button
                  Last edited by Iowa #1603; 07-17-2017, 09:50 AM.
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Dated? That's because they don't change. Your infantile demands for things that benefit you just show that you lack the maturity to do the job. Tell you what: go demand all this from the BP recruiter.

Lose the attitude kid. "Lol" is a childish phrase from someone who purports to be an adult.

Like was said: you can leave anytime.

Shinebox on the way.

Comment

And anything with the feds, there's no such thing as you get what you want
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Some people like to prepare in advance, yes they do have a preferred area for duty stations, each job ad. has a general area for which the announcement is looking for, in the area however there are multiple duty stations.
                        You are correct that there are preferred duty assignments and you likely applied to one of the areas (sectors) of your choosing. Back in 2009 I too assumed that I would get the magical "call" and work in El Paso. Thank God I didn't but that's for another thread. To keep this short, I was offered Southern Arizona. Half my class was offered two stations and the other half was offered only one but all in AZ.

The needs of the Patrol fall before the desires of the individual. You get what you get and occasionally you may get lucky and get offered two locations to pick from.

If you happen to join Honor First on the forums then my word of advice would be to watch what you say and be respectful. The same goes for here as well. On day one of the academy some instructors had already figured out who is attached to each screen name...

Comment

Sage words.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11265 users online. 454 members and 10811 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X