300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post

Really? "3-5 miles at a 10 mph pace minimum" -- let's please look at your "minimum" -- that is 3 miles in 18 minutes -- that's a much faster pace than is required to pass the test.

Not everyone should try for 2 miles in 12 minutes (10 mph) -- the 1.5 mile test requirement is just under 12 minutes (Cooper test 1.5 mi 11:58 for a 20-29 year old male -- 8 mph puts you at 1.5 mi in 11:15), and training to run it in 9 minutes (1.5 mi @ 10 mph), if that's not already easy for you, because of your exceptional talent or fitness, is hard on your heart.

It's probably better to do some cogently designed (maybe some variety of walk-sprint-run-rest-walk-run-sprint-walk) routine that fits your safety and fitness specifics and lets you achieve and exceed your goals.

I agree with the idea of training with the 3-5 mi distances, but not at 10 mph -- maybe varied speed closer to the required appx 8 mph average -- here's a link in re prepping for the 1.5 mi test: http://www.premeditatedfitness.com/t...n-cooper-test/
    I corrected my mistake 2 posts below it. Good try though Eugene.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post

Sorry, meant 10 MINUTES per mile pace. It's about 6 mph on the treadmill.
      That seems like a more manageable goal, thanks for the clarification

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Monty,

Youre NOT qualified to answer this question.
      STFU.
      *like*

REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      Your logic defies logic
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
      Originally posted by 02paul09
      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Pullet, invest in a pair of ^^^^^ problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Pullet, invest in a pair of ^^^^^ problem solved.
          Motor unit approved
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Your logic defies logic
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

Jesus Monty-
            Do you seriously think you're not gonna catch shiz for answering this question??
            You are partly troll, i am convinced now.
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Pullet-
              From your activity here in the forums, from your posts, from your apparent attitude, and just my general gut feeling, you are gonna do great.

Just get in the door, and do the work as the instructors tell you. You'll do just fine.
              SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
              SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Pullet will do fine...unless he doesn't take my advice... I KNOW which class he will be in...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Hmmm....Monty is sounding more and more familiar....
                  Attached Files
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

BTP, man I haven't seen your posts in atleast a year. Maybe i'm just oblivious.

I'm in week 14 out of 17 here at my Academy.

Keep your head buried in the books, stay in good physical shape or get into shape. You don't need to transform yourself into a superhuman like The Rock or CCCSD, but you should atleast be able to run a mile in about 2 minutes or so.

When the Academy rolls around, watch who you associate with in terms of other cadets. Stay away from the ones who don't have enough common sense to come inside when its raining.

Those guys tend to get the hammer dropped on them when it comes time to get sprayed, tasered, etc.

Comment

PT:

1.) start doing now a TON of flutter kicks and front leaning rest position. You'll have people in your class who will do something stupid and the rest of the class will be punished. Instructors like to use these two forms of PT torture. We had two people in our class 5 minutes late for morning PT. That meant we had 10 minutes (5x2) of flutter kicks and FLR.

2.) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. When you are done with that, hydrate some more.

3.) invest in a good pair of running shoes. Start running now.

Classroom:

1.) take notes
                      2.) ask questions
                      3.) don't talk just to talk
                      4.) be flexible and prepare to do things the way the instructors want you to do it.
                      5.) identify the knuckleheads in your class, and then distance yourself from them.

CCCSD hit the nail on the head, the academy will provide you with all the material they want you to learn. Pre-learning may be an issue because you'll start to learn things in a
                      way the academy may not want you to. Not always a bad thing, but something to be mindful of.

example: we had a guy pre-learn basic handcuffing principles prior to the academy. When time came to practical application in the academy, he disregarded what the instructors had to say about how they want it done. He did not pass the academy because he could not follow directions.

Take it with a grain of salt as not all instructors are good instructors, but play the game, drink the koolaid, and when you are out the academy, you can do things how you want it (for the most part).

Good luck. Be safe. Be smart.

Comment

Thank you both!
                        REINSTATE THE TRIG
                        Your logic defies logic

Comment

Pullet keep in mind the real reason for wearing boots when attending an academy…Cadre / instructor war stories. jk
                          Last edited by BTDT2; 04-24-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Shin splints are a huge issue even for those who run.

Do Cross Fit exercises. Many academies do these types of exercises in PT.

Memorize the Code of Ethics.

Start memorizing your local Radio Codes and Vehicle Codes.

Memorize the elements of the most common Penal Codes.

Testing has changed. Instead of a test after every LD there are only 3 tests. POST is trying to prevent the "Information Dump" that is so common with recruits. The LD's are not changing drastically unless California continues to re-classify crimes. If you have current LD's (2017), read them.

Comment

And, you are already ahead of the game since you know the difference between a "bullet" and a "pullet".

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
                                And, you are already ahead of the game since you know the difference between a "bullet" and a "pullet".
                                LMAO!!! eagle shall I stop by your office for my replacement keyboard?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10092 users online. 449 members and 9643 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X