300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to study for preparation?

What would be the best material to study for preparation to enter a CA Academy? LD's, caselaw, 10/11-codes, PC/CVC/WI/B&I/etc, patrol procedures (via ridealong). Am I missing anything?
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
    What would be the best way to pass a CA Academy?

Hey pullet, check your email. .
    Last edited by BTDT2; 03-29-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

How can you even consider the academy when you haven't even purchased a used Crown Vic Police Interceptor and put AT LEAST 20,000 miles on it yet?!?!? Don't put the cart before the horse bud.
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
        How can you even consider the academy when you haven't even purchased a used Crown Vic Police Interceptor and put AT LEAST 20,000 miles on it yet?!?!? Don't put the cart before the horse bud.
        I'll bet he hasn't even bought a light package either
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

I'll bet he hasn't even bought a light package either
          Excusssseeee ya'll

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Po-leece wannabe school, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the donut store, and I have over 300 confirmed calories eaten per second. I am trained in gorilla soda machine refilling and I’m the top shot in the entire carnival game circuit. I wear my duty belt to sleep, with my earpiece in ready to respond to any training incident at the drop of a hat. My POV is the ultimate in undercover technology, outfitted with only the most premium red & blue LEDs with jenky wiring, sure to start a fire THAT I WILL THEN RESPOND TOO.

[reworded "Navy Seal" copypasta ]
          Navy Seal Copypasta (also known as the “Marine Copypasta,” “Internet Tough Guy Copypasta” and “Gorrila Warfare Copypasta”) is a facetious message containing a series of ridiculous claims and grandiose threats that portray the poster as an Internet tough guy stereotype. In the original post, the writer claimed to be a former Navy Seal with a long history of combat experiences, using comical typos and hyperboles like “Gorrila Warfare,” “300 Confirmed Kills” and “I can kill you in over 700 ways with just my bare hands.” Since its emergence in mid-2012, the copypasta has spawned a variety of spin-off stories, similar to the John Copypasta meme.
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Your logic defies logic
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

Don't pre-study. You will have all the information provided to you in a structured manner. Work on your writing and PT skills. That's it.

I have not steered you wrong yet.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I’ve witnessed pullet standing uniform formation paying respect to a fallen officer (LODD). I have spoken to officers who know him; pullet is bright respectful clean cut young man with an aptitude for law enforcement. I don’t foresee an academy problem…unless his celibacy syndrome becomes an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post
                I’ve witnessed pullet standing uniform formation paying respect to a fallen officer (LODD). I have spoken to officers who know him; pullet is bright respectful clean cut young man with an aptitude for law enforcement. I don’t foresee an academy problem…unless his celibacy syndrome becomes an issue.

Daww making me blush. Thank you!

And Dispatch needs something fun in their day
                REINSTATE THE TRIG
                Your logic defies logic

Comment

On a serious note, take it from me - PT, PT, and more PT!! PT until PT is the easiest part of your day. Get in the best shape of your life. If you have any nagging injuries - take care of them now before they become big injuries later in the academy.

Also practice ironing and shining boots. I wish someone would have told me that one.
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

On a serious note, take it from me - PT, PT, and more PT!! PT until PT is the easiest part of your day. Get in the best shape of your life. If you have any nagging injuries - take care of them now before they become big injuries later in the academy.

Also practice ironing and shining boots. I wish someone would have told me that one.
                    I'm PTing as much as possible. My running is still ****, but I am building muscle.

I have shining boots down to a science, and free next-day dry cleaning through my dept
                    REINSTATE THE TRIG
                    Your logic defies logic

Comment

I'm PTing as much as possible. My running is still ****, but I am building muscle.

I have shining boots down to a science, and free next-day dry cleaning through my dept
                      That's good. Definitely get that running down to a good 3-5 miles at a 10 mph pace minimum. You'll be thankful you did. Running SUCKS. It was and still is hell for me. BUT, putting in the effort ahead of time will pay off in the academy. I DREADED running.

Comment

That's good. Definitely get that running down to a good 3-5 miles at a 10 mph pace minimum. You'll be thankful you did. Running SUCKS. It was and still is hell for me. BUT, putting in the effort ahead of time will pay off in the academy. I DREADED running.
                        I am in the exact same situation. 10mph? Damn......I'm on it
                        REINSTATE THE TRIG
                        Your logic defies logic

Comment

I am in the exact same situation. 10mph? Damn......I'm on it
                          Sorry, meant 10 MINUTES per mile pace. It's about 6 mph on the treadmill.

Comment

Really? "3-5 miles at a 10 mph pace minimum" -- let's please look at your "minimum" -- that is 3 miles in 18 minutes -- that's a much faster pace than is required to pass the test.

Not everyone should try for 2 miles in 12 minutes (10 mph) -- the 1.5 mile test requirement is just under 12 minutes (Cooper test 1.5 mi 11:58 for a 20-29 year old male -- 8 mph puts you at 1.5 mi in 11:15), and training to run it in 9 minutes (1.5 mi @ 10 mph), if that's not already easy for you, because of your exceptional talent or fitness, is hard on your heart.

It's probably better to do some cogently designed (maybe some variety of walk-sprint-run-rest-walk-run-sprint-walk) routine that fits your safety and fitness specifics and lets you achieve and exceed your goals.

I agree with the idea of training with the 3-5 mi distances, but not at 10 mph -- maybe varied speed closer to the required appx 8 mph average -- here's a link in re prepping for the 1.5 mi test: http://www.premeditatedfitness.com/t...n-cooper-test/
                            Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 03-30-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Monty,

Youre NOT qualified to answer this question.
                              STFU.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12202 users online. 433 members and 11769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X