Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After The Police Oral Board Interveiw

Hello there my name is David,

I have recently went in for The Police Oral Board interview for the second time. (Hopefully it will be the last fingers crossed)

My only question is for those who PASSED The Police Oral Board interview.

I just want to know HOW did you guys find out?

Did the department send you a letter? or Did the Recruiter personally called you?

The first time I went in for a police interview I thought I did Great and I even had a friend who was currently employed by the Department that I was applying to verified that I passed the interview.

Long story short I got a Letter that stated they picked another Candidate over me.

So I am a bit worried about getting another Letter because I don't know if Letters from a department is a Good or Bad thing (Bad meaning I don't get to advanced to the next step of the hiring process)

I am currently waiting on my results from the last interview.

So if there is anyone who Passed the Oral interview how did the Department informed you of the GOOD NEWS? (By the way Congratulations and Be Safe!)

Last edited by TheCandidate; 02-22-2017, 11:28 AM. Reason: Police Oral Board

It depends...............

Every agency does things their own way. Don't get broken down because you got a non-select letter once. Don't get all bent out of shape waiting to find out about this one. Most officers apply for dozens of positions before they get hired. Look at it as a learning experience. You'd never sat in front of an interview board before the first one. You experienced it, you survived it, and hopefully you learned from it and applied what you learned to the second one. If you don't get selected on this one, take what you've learned from the experience and apply it to the next time, improving yourself each time.

I've never failed, it's just taken me multiple attempts to succeed.

Comment

The way Pittsburgh was, after the oral board, you got placed on an eligibility list for the next step. They would send out a letter with your number on that list, provided you successfully moved on.

If you did not, then you would get a letter explaining that you have not moved on in the process.
      4/4/09

Lest We Forget

Pittsburgh Bureau of Police

Comment

Originally posted by DD312 View Post
        It depends...............

Every agency does things their own way. Don't get broken down because you got a non-select letter once. Don't get all bent out of shape waiting to find out about this one. Most officers apply for dozens of positions before they get hired. Look at it as a learning experience. You'd never sat in front of an interview board before the first one. You experienced it, you survived it, and hopefully you learned from it and applied what you learned to the second one. If you don't get selected on this one, take what you've learned from the experience and apply it to the next time, improving yourself each time.

I've never failed, it's just taken me multiple attempts to succeed.
        Thank you soo much for taking the time to reply to my post. I especially appreciate your quot you just made "I've never failed,It just taken me multiple attempts to succeed.

Comment

One way or another you should be getting a letter, but when it will be and what the letter will say are up in the air. Here's how many (but not all agencies work.

If you failed to score high enough on the oral you should receive a letter advising that you have been removed from any further consideration. It may be worded more politely and say something like they are going with other more qualified candidates.

If you passed, you should get a different letter moving you on to the background phase. When that will occur depends on your combined written and oral scores (or your oral score alone if there was no written). As vacancies occur, applicants are processed in the order of their combined scores (highest first, next highest second, etc.) If you scored high on the list, you may be processed quickly. If you scored low, the list may expire before they can reach you and you may never hear from them again.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12865 users online. 467 members and 12398 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X