Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions or examples of what you say to people?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The basics

Who
    Where
    What
    When
    How
    Why

Those are the questions that need to be answered. If you can get the answers to all of those, you should have a complete story.

Now, as far as what to say to people.

Depends on what they say to me. Sometimes they lead the conversation with smart butt remarks and I've been know to answer with like replies. Needless to say, the Chief and I spoke a few times. Hazards of the job.

Driver: Have you got your quota now?
    Me: Nope, three more and I get a toaster oven.

or, Nope, I can write as many as I want (while flipping to the next ticket as I say it)

Driver: I want to see your supervisor
    Me: I am a supervisor, didn't you see the Lieutenants bars?

Driver: Why aren't you out arresting REAL criminals?
    Me: I was till my radar started screaming and I saw you speeding. AND, I'm not through checking you for warrants yet.

I noticed a pattern with other senior officers and myself in my later years on the job. I really didn't care if I verbally hurt their feelings or not. I got to the point that I'd let their mouths run just so far and then I'd throw it right back at them.

Comment

Meow...
      Thats all.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• packer083
        packer083 commented
        Editing a comment
        Meow, now that is a some really funny stuff. Thanks and I do know what you meant before I am still a dumbass who knows nothing, but I know enough to shut the f up now.

Originally posted by FireCop203 View Post
      The basics

Who
      Where
      What
      When
      How
      Why

Those are the questions that need to be answered. If you can get the answers to all of those, you should have a complete story.

Now, as far as what to say to people.

Depends on what they say to me. Sometimes they lead the conversation with smart butt remarks and I've been know to answer with like replies. Needless to say, the Chief and I spoke a few times. Hazards of the job.

Driver: Have you got your quota now?
      Me: Nope, three more and I get a toaster oven.

or, Nope, I can write as many as I want (while flipping to the next ticket as I say it)

Driver: I want to see your supervisor
      Me: I am a supervisor, didn't you see the Lieutenants bars?

Driver: Why aren't you out arresting REAL criminals?
      Me: I was till my radar started screaming and I saw you speeding. AND, I'm not through checking you for warrants yet.

I noticed a pattern with other senior officers and myself in my later years on the job. I really didn't care if I verbally hurt their feelings or not. I got to the point that I'd let their mouths run just so far and then I'd throw it right back at them.
      I must say that is some great advice,also got a laugh out of actually seeing someone say some of these things. I do not know much at all, but feel a lot more competent and know that I to will most likely get like this because who likes getting told they are a fat lady when they are actually a guy. Anyway, thanks a lot!
      Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Comment

Look at the big picture. If they are wearing sports clothing, ask them about that person/team. Chances are they are wearing gang clothes & have no idea who they are "representing". Just engage in small talk.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11831 users online. 504 members and 11327 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X