300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT in the adademy

I start a PDs academy mid March and I know this is a bit of a vague question but how many pushups and sit ups are generally expected out of a recruit? I have been working out for a while now getting ready but have no idea as to what academy's generally expect out of new recruits for PT.

Originally posted by BM72 View Post
    I start a PDs academy mid March and I know this is a bit of a vague question but how many pushups and sit ups are generally expected out of a recruit? I have been working out for a while now getting ready but have no idea as to what academy's generally expect out of new recruits for PT.
    All of them.
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Start practicing the front leaning rest now (raised push-up position) so you'll have the strength to do it in the academy.

Our academy it was max effort until you fell out. There was no set number.

Comment

"All of them" is correct. You'll do push ups until your TAC officer gets tired, then you'll roll over and do leg lifts, so you can't be fit enough to skate by.

However. The better shape you're in the faster you'll recover, the easier physical training like defensive tactics will be and the less stress you'll be under for your physical performance. Less stress and energy there leave you more for academics and skills. Substandard fitness will definitely be a disadvantage and increase your chance of failure or injury.

So, don't worry about what level of fitness is good enough... be as fit as you possibly can be.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I have been working out daily preparing for the start of the academy. Things are slowly progressing and there are another two months until the academy starts. In two weeks, I will begin working admin type jobs and doing PT with the other recruits. Hopefully this will give me enough time to be ready!

Comment

Things are slowly progressing and there are another two months until the academy starts
            The thing to keep in mind is: You aren't getting fit for the academy, you're getting fit for your career. You need to maintain your fitness, and continue to improve it, AFTER you graduate. You will be more safe, and your partners will be more safe, the better shape you're in.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

The thing to keep in mind is: You aren't getting fit for the academy, you're getting fit for your career. You need to maintain your fitness, and continue to improve it, AFTER you graduate. You will be more safe, and your partners will be more safe, the better shape you're in.
              Yes indeed. I will maintain a workout schedule long after the academy to ensure that I am in the best shape possible for the job. My main concern right now though is focusing on just getting prepped for the academy.

Comment

Id suggest looking up some military type workouts. But Id pretty much just stick to running, pushups, situps, and sprints.

Comment

Originally posted by BM72 View Post
                  Here is a link to the Entrance/Exit test for the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy

You MUST meet the guidelines to get into the academy and also to graduate from the academy

https://ileatraining.org/default.asp...Group/Home.htm
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

OP, if you're training now, and have been training, for the academy, you'll likely be just fine by March, so long as you're training smart. Most police academies are not going to be like Navy SEAL training, but they're not going to be a cakewalk either (if it's done right). If you want to satisfy your instructors, you'll want to be able to recover from doing the minimum standard push ups and sit ups, looking like you could probably do double or triple the amount. You'll likely get some early unwanted attention if you're struggling to get out the last few reps.
                    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

I will be 39 by the time I finish the Police Academy. what agencies will hire someone my age? I already contacted my local police department and they said im too old. I dont want to take this course iff im too old

Comment

Originally posted by lexus45812 View Post
                        I will be 39 by the time I finish the Police Academy. what agencies will hire someone my age? I already contacted my local police department and they said im too old. I dont want to take this course iff im too old
                        We don't know where you are. We don't know what agencies are in your area. I've seen guys in their 60s complete an academy and go to work on the street. Ask around, just because one department won't hire you doesn't mean that nobody will.

Comment

I'm currently in the academy for my PD & there's a female trainee who's in her mid 40's. It just depends on the department guidelines so just ask!!

Comment

We did very little in mine, much to my regret
                            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                              We did very little in mine, much to my regret
                              What academy did you attend? PM please, if you don't want to post publicly.
                              REINSTATE THE TRIG
                              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                              Your logic defies logic
                              Originally posted by Rudy8116
                              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                              Originally posted by Michigan
                              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                              Originally posted by 02paul09
                              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8642 users online. 455 members and 8187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X