300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trainee!

Good morning. First of all I will like to say thank you for taking your time to read my post. I just got hired to be a police officer and I'm very excited. I start the Academy in February I'll be attending the North Central Georgia Law Enforcement Academy. I just want to know if anyone is familiar with this academy and any tips on the training. I served in the military for 10 years and I'm pretty sure if i can go through basic this shouldn't be as hard. Any information will be useful thank you!

My advice for someone starting an academy is to keep in mind what your goal actually is.

That piece of paper at the end is the ONLY thing that matters. What do they call the guy who graduates last in his class at medical school? Doctor.

Getting high PT award or whatever is nice, but it doesn't pay any bills. Study, get plenty of sleep. Eat right.

Pull your weight and perform to standard but don't take ANY risks with your health. A twisted ankle, broken wrist.... you're out on the street.

There are plenty of ways to hurt yourself that you have to risk to pass: defensive tactics, PT, driving... don't take any extras you don't HAVE to take.

Put your life on hold and graduate from the academy. Don't go skiing. Don't ride your motorcycle. Don't party with friends. Become a monk and graduate from the academy.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Congrats red! Keep your ears and eyes open and your mouth shut and you should be fine, but do not be afraid to ask questions of stuff if you don't know. I am a veteran myself (9 yrs Air Force cop).
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Congrats on the new job.

Just like Tanksoldier said, don't do anything to risk injury. We had several guys who wanted to go 110% in defensive tactics in our academy. A couple were removed from the program because they injured themselves from going too hard.

Take it easy on the alcohol, stay away from romantic relationships with your fellow recruits.

Your reputation starts now. Rep and integrity will follow you everywhere until the afterlife.

Best of luck!

Comment

Red, thank you for your service to our Country. I can't add much than has already been said. Enjoy the experience.

Comment

I heard that academy is a easy. NO pt and very college like. Is it in Austell, GA? If it is, then thats correct.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13443 users online. 488 members and 12955 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X