Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State Police / Trooper academy and FLSA?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're kidding right? I leave for the academy in less than a month and how many hours I'm going to get paid for is the last thing I'm thinking, worried or even care about. If I were a betting man, I'd say you signed something along the lines of an "at will employee agreement" which means exactly that. You are an at will employee and they can do pretty much whatever they want. Don't like it? Leave.

Comment

F'in millenials

Comment

I imagine a cadet receives a salary and not an hourly wage.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
          I imagine a cadet receives a salary and not an hourly wage.
          Exactly. Generally during the academy/training phase you are a salaried employee. OP, you cannot track your time on this job as you would a civilian job. There is many times you will work more than you are paid for. There is just as many, if not more, times you will be paid when you have not worked. It's just how it is. If you get to be a trainee you will be so buried in paper you will be glad to work for free in order to catch up. You have got to change your thinking or you will not make it.

Comment

I have to keep track of every little bit of time I spend on the job (Federal LE)... they are so anal about not going into OT
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durrant View Post
              For those state employees who attend a military style 24hr Bootcamp style academy; how are you compensated for your training hours?

Are you only allowed to count classroom training hours?

Are you allowed to count morning or afternoon required PT as time?

Are you regulated to staying on the employers premise; with restrictions on visitors, phones, tv, Internet, reading material, and food?

There is no contact with the outside world from sunday night to friday evening for 29 weeks. You may read your field manuals as well as Penal and V&T manuals. No phones or tv or any outside food

Comment

I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Post reported.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• GoldBadge
                    GoldBadge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ditto......

• BrianT
                    BrianT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dang, what'd I miss?

Weren't paid for OT. Got paid our base salary. Morning PT was OT. It went to comp time. Comp time follows you after graduation then you have a chance to get it paid out to you twice a year.
                  This is FL.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7556 users online. 204 members and 7352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X