300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC coming up, get a choice on what to use

I have OC training a week from Wednesday and my department doesn't have a policy on what to carry for OC since we aren't required to carry it. They just let us order our own stuff. I was given Freeze + P but I've heard Sabre Red is worse. It's going to suck with either one when I get sprayed, but what are your recommendations for carrying on duty?

6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other

Both are death to the eyeballs............................

You can Tase me 20 times before I will let you OC me
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

4.5 yrs and counting, and I still have yet to use OC. If I were allowed to, I would stop carrying it on my belt.

It doesn't matter.. just get whatever and get it over with.

Comment

Sabre Red 1.33% is the devil. I have to disagree that it's all the same. I qualified years ago with First Defense and it was bad and mainly affected my eyes. I later qualified with Sabre Red and expected the same amount of pain. The Saber ended up being way worse to where my face felt like it was melting off and I could not breathe. I recovered from the First Defense in around 15 minutes where as it was almost an hour to recover from the Sabre. I would never carry anything other than Sabre.

Comment

Originally posted by dvon714 View Post
          Sabre Red 1.33% is the devil. I have to disagree that it's all the same. I qualified years ago with First Defense and it was bad and mainly affected my eyes. I later qualified with Sabre Red and expected the same amount of pain. The Saber ended up being way worse to where my face felt like it was melting off and I could not breathe. I recovered from the First Defense in around 15 minutes where as it was almost an hour to recover from the Sabre. I would never carry anything other than Sabre.
          I did not say there were ALL THE SAME

I stated that Sabre Red and Freeze +P are virtually the same-------------pure evil

Freeze is an OC/CS mixture that just plain tortures you

Sabre Red is simply an OC that hurts like hades

Others hurt...........but not like Red
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Never heard of +p. Is it ECD compatible?

Comment

I just got sprayed this past Thursday with saber red. By far the worst pain of my life. It took me 3 hours to feel normal, and then we went into the gas house and if all came back! Took a shower that night and got it again. The following morning at the academy some recruits were still hurting. It's no fun.

Comment

The worst I've ever used and also been hit with is Fox FivePointThree. It's 5.3 million Scoville heat units.

I work in a downtown district and I routinely go through one or two whole party cans (riot control canisters) per weekend. Personal record was 2 in one night. I get hit with spray literally every weekend. We are issued 4oz personal size Freeze +P as a department. Being downtown, we also carry a party can of Freeze +P (17.5oz streamer) or First Defense Mk-9 (14oz streamer w/ 1.3MC) for bar close. Bar security carry everything, but most carry Freeze +P personal and party cans. One place started using Fox FivePointThree party cans and that stuff is far more brutal than what we use. The heat is just tremendous.

At my previous agency in the 'burbs, we were issued Fox FivePointThree 2oz cans for personal duty use. That stuff was insane and to this day is the only OC spray I've ever had reactivate the next day in the shower. The night I got home I washed my face with baby shampoo to decon and it still reactivated the next day.

So here I am, driving down the street after the crowds had mostly cleared and I had my window down. I was a half a block down from this bar and my eyes and face just start burning like hellfire. It sucked sooooo bad. Yeah, that was the Fox Labs FivePointThree that the bar I mentioned started using.

Whatever you decide, consider that you're likely to be exposed as well. Just think about what you want to be exposed to.
                I will say that Freeze +P does go bad and have limited effectiveness once you get near the expiration date. I have heard that other companies vary, but some are better at longevity than others.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Recently sprayed with Sabre Red. I thought a training accident occured and they accidently had caught my head on fire. It was an experience.

Comment

I am sensitive to OC, always have been, but ive been sprayed with just about everything...cone, spray, foam. The worst i ever had was an exposure from a can a PD officer was using, i think it might have been Vexor. I only saw the can for a split second as it appeared three inches from my face while i was wrestling on the ground with a bad guy. For the record, the PD officer had really crappy aim. We finished the fight and i was feeling great until someone handed me a bottle of water, which felt like gasoline. After removing my shirt and vest to attempt to breathe and incase someone had to do chest compressions on me, i was able to drive home and shower after about an hour. How is this spray different than others, you ask? The punishment phase... i left for the beach for a week long vacation that following morning, but my exposure was so harsh i couldnt get in the sun the entire week, and my face was a bright red burn for 5 days. I sat in the AC all week until the sun went down.
                    USMS Region 3
                    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                    Medical:2/15/10
                    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                    Drug: 6/5/10
                    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                    Written: 12/27/10
                    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                    To:
                    Medical:

Comment

Just be aware that the majority are now NON-flammable. If other local agencies carry Tasers that's probably a good thing.
                      An exception is Capstun sold by Zarc ..... it's the "original" formula .... but it is flammable.
                      Just something to be aware of.
                      Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                      Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

I kinda want to be OC'ed, just to know what it is like.....
                        REINSTATE THE TRIG
                        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                        Your logic defies logic
                        Originally posted by Rudy8116
                        Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                        Originally posted by Michigan
                        Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                        Originally posted by TheTick
                        A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                        Originally posted by TheTick
                        This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                        Originally posted by 02paul09
                        Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by Reedo View Post
                          The worst I've ever used and also been hit with is Fox FivePointThree. It's 5.3 million Scoville heat units.

I work in a downtown district and I routinely go through one or two whole party cans (riot control canisters) per weekend. Personal record was 2 in one night. I get hit with spray literally every weekend. We are issued 4oz personal size Freeze +P as a department. Being downtown, we also carry a party can of Freeze +P (17.5oz streamer) or First Defense Mk-9 (14oz streamer w/ 1.3MC) for bar close. Bar security carry everything, but most carry Freeze +P personal and party cans. One place started using Fox FivePointThree party cans and that stuff is far more brutal than what we use. The heat is just tremendous.

At my previous agency in the 'burbs, we were issued Fox FivePointThree 2oz cans for personal duty use. That stuff was insane and to this day is the only OC spray I've ever had reactivate the next day in the shower. The night I got home I washed my face with baby shampoo to decon and it still reactivated the next day.

So here I am, driving down the street after the crowds had mostly cleared and I had my window down. I was a half a block down from this bar and my eyes and face just start burning like hellfire. It sucked sooooo bad. Yeah, that was the Fox Labs FivePointThree that the bar I mentioned started using.

Whatever you decide, consider that you're likely to be exposed as well. Just think about what you want to be exposed to.
                          I will say that Freeze +P does go bad and have limited effectiveness once you get near the expiration date. I have heard that other companies vary, but some are better at longevity than others.

Fox Five point Three stream works for me.

Comment

I took my OC of my belt 5 years ago. Never did have a "clean" deployment with it.
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post
                              4.5 yrs and counting, and I still have yet to use OC. If I were allowed to, I would stop carrying it on my belt.

It doesn't matter.. just get whatever and get it over with.
                              What he said. Embrace the pain!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8501 users online. 421 members and 8080 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X