Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended workout regiment to prep for the academy.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended workout regiment to prep for the academy.

Im set on going next year. I am out of shape and Im looking to lose between 30-50 lbs. I would like to be ready for training and I don't want to fall behind. So bottom line does any tips or tricks?

-Thanks!

If you have a year ... I highly recommend doing a circuit routine. My personal favorite is focus t25. Starts you off really easy and every 5 weeks you do something else. After about a month start to incorporate running into the mix a few times a week. This is what I did. I lost 40 some pounds and just smoke checked a v02max stress test and every pat I've taken. With a year to work out there is nothing stopping you from getting into great shape. I see a lot of stuff about people who just arnt runners ext... I would read a book called " Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen". You definitely won't regret it.

Comment

Fitness consists of 3 broad categories: Strength, Endurance, Flexibility.

If you have a year, sign up for Crossfit and Bikram (or "hot") yoga. Crossfit 3x/wk + Bikram 3x/wk for a year and you'll be fine.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Get use to running and doing circuit workouts such as push-ups, sit ups, burpees, flutter kicks and being able to do them when you are already sore.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm into yoga thanks to my wife and I'm def going to look into circuit training. Ina try the insanity work out so I can watch my kid on my days off. Anyone have success with insanity?

Comment

I've tried it. It's definitely a hard one and ment to lose weight and get you into shape. Shawn t who created insanity made t25, which is geared more for getting you into shape and continuing the workout

Comment

As much as I think CrossShlt is a joke, I would have to agree that you might want to get involved with it. There are a lot of academies now that are doing some form of high intensity circuit training or full-on CrossShlt (which, let's face it, is just circuit training with a time limit and no emphasis on anything other than shoulders, back and quads).

Calisthenics are important and you need to be able to do lots of all of the major ones like push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, squatting, mountain climbers/bodybuilders, pull ups, etc. You should also work on your planks and build your core. If it's a legit academy, you're gonna get smoked a lot.
              Also, you're going to get run a lot. Make sure you can run at least 3 miles by the time you get to the academy. The more the better, though.

Losing weight is a combination of exercise and nutrition. The first thing you need to do is alter your nutrition. Forget faddish bullshlt like paleo or gluten-free or any of that crap. Cut down on the sugar and processed foods and watch your calories. Use a calorie tracker like MyFitnessPal or similar. If you feel the need to do some sort of diet, look into IIFYM.

If you find yourself having significant issues relating to injury or other limitations, switch to something low impact like DDP Yoga. Seriously.
              Last edited by Reedo; 03-07-2016, 04:49 AM.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
              -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7236 users online. 260 members and 6976 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X