300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Department of Correction

I got accepted to a position as a prison officer with the Tennessee Department of Correction. I have to do two weeks of training at the facility, before doing four weeks of training at the academy. I am looking for some good advice for my first day on the job. Things to watch for is one of the things I want to learn.

read this thread 10 times before you start

http://forums.officer.com/t94304/

THEN once a year
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I read the thread and definitely got the point. I don't ever want to be that comfortable around the inmates, and If I never give them something that I'm not supposed to, I won't get put into the situation of being blackmailed to do more.

Comment

Originally posted by hewinflorida View Post
        Thank you for the advice. I read the thread and definitely got the point. I don't ever want to be that comfortable around the inmates, and If I never give them something that I'm not supposed to, I won't get put into the situation of being blackmailed to do more.
        I might add that everyone says that......................................

It happens.....................that is why I suggest reading it once a year
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It's a good thing to keep in mind.

Comment

Fantastic stuff IOWA.
            I copied it and sent it to our jail administrator for training use.
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Always watch their hands, hands will hide weapons that will kill you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely. I heard in the past that instead of watching their face for emotions, you should always watch the hands. They will kill you before you can second guess your decisions.

Comment

Keep your integrity, hold offenders accountable and establish your command presence.
                  Texas Department of Criminal Justice
                  12/2009 - 03/2016, resigned as Lieutenant

Texas Department of Public Safety
                  03/2016 - present, Trooper Recruit

sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8111 users online. 238 members and 7873 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X