300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms training

What firearms are used at Glynco? I'm proficient with an assault rifle M16 M4, and only qualified once in the Marine Corps. with the crappy pistols they have.

What firearms are used at what? I have no clue what you're talking about.

Comment

Glynco is home to FLETC, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

Comment

As a former Marine, and current police firearms instructor, I would advise you to go into this with an open mind. I'm sure your agency will provide you with plenty of firearms training, but being proficient the Marine Corps way, doesn't mean you are proficient the way your agency wants you.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by canes3714 View Post
          What firearms are used at Glynco? I'm proficient with an assault rifle M16 M4, and only qualified once in the Marine Corps. with the crappy pistols they have.
          You will use whatever firearms the agency provides

It is different for each Federal Agency
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by canes3714 View Post
            You will most likely do zero rifle work while in the basic academy....it will be all pistol and shotgun.

You will be using whatever pistol and shotgun platform that either your sponsoring agency uses, or whatever they grab off the shelf in the academy armory...
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              You will most likely do zero rifle work while in the basic academy....it will be all pistol and shotgun.

Unless it is the BOP
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                Unless it is the BOP
                Does BOP do rifle training in their regular academy, or is it done after graduation and through an in service type school?
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Does BOP do rifle training in their regular academy, or is it done after graduation and through an in service type school?
                  I believe at the academy.....................not sure but they would be a federal agency that might "need" officers rifle trained coming out of the gate

Comment

I believe at the academy.....................not sure but they would be a federal agency that might "need" officers rifle trained coming out of the gate
                    That makes sense.....no idea if CACDC does it in their academy or not.

I know there are some agencies out there that make 'basic patrol rifle' as part of their mandated academy firearms training

Comment

I know there are some agencies out there that make 'basic patrol rifle' as part of their mandated academy firearms training
                      Back when we had an "academy" rather than a "Learning Center" we qualifed with rifle, shotgun and handgun at basic training

Now Iowa DOC has the range training done at the facility

Comment

I checked with one of my friends who is a BOP Lead Firearms instructor at his facility...................

ALL BOP officers are rifle qualified at FLETC in their Basic course

BASIC patrol rifle is taught at the Iowa LE Academy in Des Moines

Comment

CACDC?

California Center for Disease Control?
                          REINSTATE THE TRIG
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                          Your logic defies logic
                          Originally posted by Rudy8116
                          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                          Originally posted by Michigan
                          Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                          Originally posted by TheTick
                          A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                          Originally posted by 02paul09
                          Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
                            CACDC?

California Center for Disease Control?

Should be CDCR

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

Comment

Should be CDCR

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
                              Got it

Thanks!

Sent via Shine Box
                              REINSTATE THE TRIG
                              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                              Your logic defies logic
                              Originally posted by Rudy8116
                              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                              Originally posted by Michigan
                              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                              Originally posted by 02paul09
                              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6248 users online. 314 members and 5934 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X