Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched my partner do this a few times in mock scenes and it made me think about what to do in that situation. I had to jump in and rescue him a few times. That being said, what the others said holds true. Slow down. Remember this is training so don't get down on your self. You want to be able to find your weakness now and address it before you hit the streets. Some guys are natural talkers, others struggle with it. I run a checklist in my head (you could certainly write in down in your notepad) but remember you should always start with your getting your horsepower. If they give you ID, make sure it's current. Run them. Then ask your questions. Your five W's is a great start. It should give you most of your info. Then assess if what they told you even makes sense! Just remember your in charge. It's your scene, own it. If you fumble, own it. Adapt and overcome. It is hard. My FTO would watch me talk in circles before he would jump in rescue me. Be frank, be stern, and ask relative questions. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Man the **** up!

You are da POLICE!
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Great advice " Practice & Slow it down is what everyone said. Also stated when you slow it down, you let them answer. Listen to them and let them talk. The more they talk, the more bulls---t and truth they give you. What this allows you to do is ask a question based off of an answer they gave you. Go to YouTube and Google Columbo. Watch how he interviews, they never see him coming.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4689 users online. 221 members and 4468 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X