Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't miss those first few the room inspections where it looked like a tornado came in and threw your rack and uniforms across the floor. It takes all types of stress to test people before putting them on the streets.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
      Kinda want to move to Iowa now.....

Sent via Shine Box

No running in my academy, but this was long before you were born......

Most if not all of us were military Vets and treated like adults.
      Last edited by sanitizer; 11-17-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post

Actually State PT standards came into being shortly after I finished my academy. (and I personally knew the person who's academy experience was the reason the state made those standards )

We ran and did some push ups/situps/ etc but it was all voluntary (surprisingly EVERYONE participated)
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post

Wow...........I want to go to that acadmy

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Actually State PT standards came into being shortly after I finished my academy. (and I personally knew the person who's academy experience was the reason the state made those standards )

We ran and did some push ups/situps/ etc but it was all voluntary (surprisingly EVERYONE participated)
          Interesting. Voluntary PT? I will admit that I am glad this changed. PT should not be voluntary, but you should still be treated like an adult (IMO)
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          Your logic defies logic
          Originally posted by Rudy8116
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          Originally posted by Michigan
          Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
          Originally posted by 02paul09
          Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonso777 View Post
            Hey guys, I just started my second week at the Rio Hondo Police Academy. Needless to say it's been really tough. Supposedly we are the worst Academy Class ever and worst of all the TOs chose me as Class Leader. So I have been getting all the blame for everything wrong with the class. All the commands I give seem to be wrong and yeah it's just been a nightmare. The TOs have also told me that If I dont get the class together soon that he will write me up on poor leadership and that a department will never hire me since I am Self- sponsored. Just wondering if you guys could give me some advice and is any of that true about never getting hired?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9X6x9J...h_Dp14uAmhk%3D

Comment

If you aren't getting smashed, battered, torn apart and pitted against one another, you aren't in the police academy. Stop doing your own damn thing, recruit! You nasty thing!

Comment

Or being called names like "Officer Candidate Garbage" and "Recruit Yoohoo"
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
                  Or being called names like "Officer Candidate Garbage" and "Recruit Yoohoo"
                  We got called things I probably can't post without being banned. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hold Me Closer Tony Danza View Post
                    We got called things I probably can't post without being banned. :P

But yours wasn't' a police academy

that is what we are talking about here
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      But yours wasn't' a police academy

that is what we are talking about here
                      Oh, I know. Not comparing the two, and not trying to step on any toes.

Time to go *poof* from this thread.

Comment

Hey guys, I just started my second week at the Rio Hondo Police Academy. Needless to say it's been really tough. Supposedly we are the worst Academy Class ever and worst of all the TOs chose me as Class Leader. So I have been getting all the blame for everything wrong with the class. All the commands I give seem to be wrong and yeah it's just been a nightmare. The TOs have also told me that If I dont get the class together soon that he will write me up on poor leadership and that a department will never hire me since I am Self- sponsored. Just wondering if you guys could give me some advice and is any of that true about never getting hired?
                        1.) False
                        2.) Embrace the suck

Comment

What are you commanding? I was chosen to lead my cycle. The instructors yelled "who has military service " being prior service I did not say ****. The next thing I heard was my name. I was like **** as I knew what was next. I hired 4 squad leaders and delegated everything. I just marched the platoon and reported injuries,illness and anything out of the ordinary to the instructors. Start delegating authority.

Comment

Awwwww, did Buttercup get her feelings hurt?

...Seriously, they're playing head games. That frustration you feel is you slowly, ever so slowly, being forged into law enforcement material. And btw, if you think the academy is "tough," then quit now. Being hired, going through FTO, and staying in LE for an entire career without dying, quitting, or being fired is "tough."

Best of luck, and don't worry about the head games. Take responsibility for your and your squad's messes and work hard. Remember that when your team succeeds, it is to their credit, but when they fail, it is a failure of your leadership.

Comment

TO's tell every class that they are the worst class. and ur probably going to be class leader till they see u have confidence and command presence then move on to the next unconfident person. its all part of the game

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8850 users online. 200 members and 8650 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X