300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough first week at the Academy

Hey guys, I just started my second week at the Police Academy. Just wondering if you guys could give me some advice and share past experiences.
    Last edited by kh247; 01-12-2016, 11:22 PM.

Nothing like being The Worst Leader!

Keep it up!

(He's bluffing. That position has NOTHING to do with getting hired, and can't be used).
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonso777 View Post
      Hey guys, I just started my second week at the Rio Hondo Police Academy. Needless to say it's been really tough. Supposedly we are the worst Academy Class ever and worst of all the TOs chose me as Class Leader. So I have been getting all the blame for everything wrong with the class. All the commands I give seem to be wrong and yeah it's just been a nightmare. The TOs have also told me that If I dont get the class together soon that he will write me up on poor leadership and that a department will never hire me since I am Self- sponsored. Just wondering if you guys could give me some advice and is any of that true about never getting hired?

I am in week 7 of my academy and we still are trying to get it together as a team. They want to see how you can handle the pressure, they know that you are going to mess up, they care more about how you react to the mess up than actually messing up. Even if you get a command wrong say it with confidence. When you get fired from being in charge off the class help the next person out. Each week slowly your class will get more and more together. Good luck never quit and never let them see your pain.

Comment

Or... If you REALLY want to **** with them, get together, learn the commands in Spanish, Chinese, ASL... It's not incorrect.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Don't quit. Don't fail. Take responsibility as the leader and improve yourself and them.

Comment

Hey guys, I just started my second week at the Rio Hondo Police Academy. Needless to say it's been really tough. Supposedly we are the worst Academy Class ever and worst of all the TOs chose me as Class Leader. So I have been getting all the blame for everything wrong with the class. All the commands I give seem to be wrong and yeah it's just been a nightmare. The TOs have also told me that If I dont get the class together soon that he will write me up on poor leadership and that a department will never hire me since I am Self- sponsored. Just wondering if you guys could give me some advice and is any of that true about never getting hired?
            I think it is stupid to have the academy staff choose a "class leader". Not everyone in this business is a leader and trying to mold a leader in the 1st week of basic training is futile.

The leaders will sprout in the class and the others will find their "spot ".

The academy staff are lying to you. Not every agency is looking for a leader..............they all have leaders (called Sgt, Lt, Capt and Chief) They don't need some training officer to point out the leaders to them.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Its a tactic used

Its the first week. They are trying to break you down.

Good luck
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              Your logic defies logic
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
              Originally posted by 02paul09
              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Its the first week man, Its going to suck. Its probably going to suck for the first month or more, that's how stress academies operate. I think every academy class was told they were the worst the staff as ever seen and blah blah at some point. Once you accept that its a game and you have to go through the motions you will be better off. This is coming from someone who absolutely hated every day of the academy except for the shooting and driving of course. Stick with it, embrace the suck and realize this is just a phase, life gets better.
                "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

****, even at Explorer Academy we had the same thing. I still have DI spit lodged so far in my soul that it won't come out till replaced by other DI spit.

We were constantly told that "we were the worst academy ever" and "a disgrace to exploring". A favorite was "someone didn't flush the toilet, so you all drop till [insert staff name here] does it". Staff would then proceed to walk SUPER slow, take in the view, joke with a tac officer.

Its just a game
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  Your logic defies logic
                  Originally posted by Rudy8116
                  Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                  Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                  A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                  This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                  Originally posted by 02paul09
                  Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Every academy class has been the "worst ever." I've gone through basic academies in 2 states and heard the same in both of them. Returning after graduation for other classes or to help with new recruits, I was told by staff that we were "okay, but not the worst". You have to remember that the academy is a mind game. The instructors will push your buttons to see how you will react. They will test you as an individual and as a class. Do you push yourself to achieve greater results, or do you accept mediocrity and move on? After you graduate, get hired, and complete FTO, you will be expected to gain, hopefully voluntary, compliance with total strangers on a daily basis. You will be expected to motivate people you have never met to act in a manner you want them to, not necessarily how they want. It should be no problem to get a class of your peers, who have the same goals, on the same page and perform as instructed. Maybe you, as a "class leader", need to work with the class outside of normal instruction and work some things out?

Comment

Is there any academy or basic training program in which the current batch of maggots is NOT the worst ever in the history of the military/law enforcement?
                      Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Fortunately I went to an academy where they treated us like adults
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          I think it is stupid to have the academy staff choose a "class leader". Not everyone in this business is a leader and trying to mold a leader in the 1st week of basic training is futile.

The leaders will sprout in the class and the others will find their "spot ".

The academy staff are lying to you. Not every agency is looking for a leader..............they all have leaders (called Sgt, Lt, Capt and Chief) They don't need some training officer to point out the leaders to them.
                          'class leader' for them is the same as the 'class sgt' for our academy, which is always picked by the staff....there will be many class sgts throughout the length of the academy, sometimes multiple 'firings' of said position on the same day

part of it is to weed out those who try and hide in the masses....
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Pretty much EVERY class is 'the worst class ever formed on the planet earth'.....a bigger question is why on earth would you self sponsor, and pay them to yell at you?....when pretty much every agency in the area is hiring, and not only would pay for your academy training, but PAY YOU while you are attending?
                            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              Fortunately I went to an academy where they treated us like adults
                              Those don't exist out here.....paramilitary is the norm.....we used to pride ourselves on a minimum of a 50% failure rate throughout the training process.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9110 users online. 450 members and 8660 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X