Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Boots

deleted ( answered)
    Last edited by T_Reyes; 11-01-2017, 12:08 PM.

Do you get to choose? My academy only gave me two options - a pair of Danners or a pair of Thoroghgoods.

Comment

Like it was said above do you have a choice? If you are hired by a department you probably will have some sort of initial issue but if you are putting yourself through and have the funds Danners are good and will last. If you don't have the money for those grab some Bates they still hold a decent shine and should last the academy. Regardless you better get some that shine and learn how to polish boots or you will be hating life.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

We had to buy choroframs, those really shiny jobs. When they got tore up, we had to buy another pair.

Once you hit the road, you will have a chance to get what you want!
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Danner Acadia. USA made and come with free "resoling" once they wear out.

Comment

Op, you need to learn what a search function is.

http://forums.officer.com/t198546/

This thread was like 7 down from the top of this page.
            semper destravit

Comment

I have 511's and they are very comfortable.. After a week or so of wearing them. But it doesn't hold its shine very well

Comment

I went with 5.11 boots. Chose waterproof ones that were nice and light. Not sure the exact model of the 5.11 boots but they were roughly $130.

Having wet feet is baddddd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and make sure to get boot polish!!! Polished boots on the first day is a must! For a brush and polish at walmart will run you $10 total. Will last you about 2 months if you shine your boots twice a week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9116 users online. 313 members and 8803 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X