• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpd303 View Post
    I'm "that guy"...
    Well bless your heart...

Send via pulled trigger
    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Start the academy in less than 2 months. Who will that guy be lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fbrgv View Post
        Start the academy in less than 2 months. Who will that guy be lol

You'll soon find out! Best of luck to you!

Send via pulled trigger
        Last edited by jhall; 10-17-2015, 08:09 AM.
        Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
        It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by jhall View Post
          You'll soon find out! Best of luck you you!

Send via pulled trigger
          Thank you, appreciate it.

Comment

Monday of last week. A buddy of mine is in the academy. They're doing mock DUI stops and practicing FST's and PBT use. Recruit blows .03 at 1100. Class starts at 0700. Rough night for him I'm guessing, and a rougher day as he was dismissed immediately; and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownShirt View Post
              Monday of last week. A buddy of mine is in the academy. They're doing mock DUI stops and practicing FST's and PBT use. Recruit blows .03 at 1100. Class starts at 0700. Rough night for him I'm guessing, and a rougher day as he was dismissed immediately; and rightfully so.
              Glad you weren't with said buddy partying the night before...

Comment

I am only 4 weeks into my academy. So far my class has 2 members who are "that guy". We have the guy who just can't understand anything, and asks the dumbest questions. Such as, "how does she know she's been raped"? And "would I unload the gun with my hand"? To which the instructor yelled "are you going to unload it with your dick"? Every time he raises his hand you hear the entire class let out a big "sigh".
                The second "that guy" is the biggest loudest bully who thinks he's gonna be the leader of the class by intimidating people. I can't wait for the small quiet guy to drop him.
                Last edited by ianreynolds1991; 10-17-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I went to FLETC in early 2004. My Mixed Basic Police class - about forty or so people in the beginning - was almost entirely made up of "those guys" who were fresh out of the military. Lots of interpersonal problems and ego stroking in that bunch of folks, at least when they were sober enough to do it. To make matters worse, the program was run by an idiot who was definitely one of "those guys" and he let a lot of things slide, holding certain guys to a lower standard and playing favorites. He was a VA Beach Police officer who somehow got the job of running things - and he didn't keep it long because he got booted from LE all together shortly after I graduated - based on his less than stellar resume, which nobody in DHS had bothered to fact-check, because he was claiming - to everyone he could talk to - that he had been a Marine before ending up at FLETC. In his office, not a single bit of USMC swag. Not one thing. Sufficed to say, if he was a Marine, I was a member of Delta Force before attending FLETC. It caught up with him in the end, but he has recently snuck back into LE through the backdoor and works as one of those overpaid training consultants.
                  Last edited by Waffles1981; 10-17-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownShirt View Post
                    I had that guy, too. He was not in my platoon, but we were doing DUI/SFST training when one of the firearms instructors came in looking for a PBT unit. The DUI guy was all "Why do you need it?" and it turns out That Guy was visibly drunk... in the middle of the range.

This was after he was caught with his e-cigarette during duty hours. Not just during duty hours, but literally smoking it in the middle of a class. Inside.

Also after he broke a rib because he was not paying attention and was horsing around during DT.
                    Originally posted by Michigan
                    Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

I was called by my Major to meet with an academy member who was being sent home from class. At the time (1995) I was a union steward.

I got into the meeting after being told the bare basics that he was accused of sexual misconduct at the academy.

We sat there for a total of 2 hours of questioning and -----waiting for reports to be faxed back from the academy trying to verify exactly what happened

After all the reports were in it was pretty much proven the officer was making sexual advances toward several fellow classmates. SEVERAL

Even after being told the other male officers were not interested.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by ianreynolds1991 View Post
                        I am only 4 weeks into my academy. So far my class has 2 members who are "that guy". We have the guy who just can't understand anything, and asks the dumbest questions. Such as, "how does she know she's been raped"? And "would I unload the gun with my hand"? To which the instructor yelled "are you going to unload it with your dick"? Every time he raises his hand you hear the entire class let out a big "sigh".
                        The second "that guy" is the biggest loudest bully who thinks he's gonna be the leader of the class by intimidating people. I can't wait for the small quiet guy to drop him.
                        Is Steve856 in your class?
                        Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                        In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                        Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                        Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

For my class, it wasn't "that guy" it was "that woman." NEVER took any responsibility for any mistakes, every word out of her mouth was an excuse. Anytime the class or the instructor tried to offer her hints on how to correct her problems, she had a reason why it wouldn't work, and why she should just be excused from having to improve herself. HAD to be the center of attention at any given time; anytime the instructors had something important to say, or had an anecdote related to the topic, she had to tell some story that was vaguely related to what was just said. 9 times out of 10, it had no relevance whatsoever.

When we were about to switch from our standard dress uniform to a more relaxed class B a few weeks into the program, she threatened to sabotage uniform inspections because she didn't want to pay for the class B uniform, even though the entire class offered to help her do so. The class lieutenant once issued an instruction from the academy director to wear our short sleeve PT uniform. She said she was always cold and wanted to wear the cold weather PT uniform. This request was denied, and she flat out said she refused to obey. She had a last minute change of heart and came in the short sleeves as instructed, but it automatically lost the entire class the class B uniform privileges and got us some extra PT. She was such a problem that eventually the leadership stopped punishing the entire class for her mistakes.

She got injured halfway through the program and was going to have to make up her missed PT in a later class. She spent the rest of the class ****ed about this and fighting with the staff about having to do the make up work; she kept insisting that she should just be excused from it and allowed to graduate. Of course, she was unable to even come close to ANY of the passing physical standards; she VERY narrowly passed the entry standards to get in, and then did no work to either improve or even just maintain her condition. She always had a sore shoulder, asthma acting up, shin splints, an old injury that prevented her from doing whatever she didn't want to do...

We tried as hard as we could to push her along to do the right thing. Nobody wanted any cadet to be ostracized, but honestly I've never seen someone try so hard to not try!
                          Last edited by GangGreen712; 10-19-2015, 12:11 AM.
                          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                          -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                            For my class, it wasn't "that guy" it was "that woman." NEVER took any responsibility for any mistakes, every word out of her mouth was an excuse. Anytime the class or the instructor tried to offer her hints on how to correct her problems, she had a reason why it wouldn't work, and why she should just be excused from having to improve herself. HAD to be the center of attention at any given time; anytime the instructors had something important to say, or had an anecdote related to the topic, she had to tell some story that was vaguely related to what was just said. 9 times out of 10, it had no relevance whatsoever.

When we were about to switch from our standard dress uniform to a more relaxed class B a few weeks into the program, she threatened to sabotage uniform inspections because she didn't want to pay for the class B uniform, even though the entire class offered to help her do so. The class lieutenant once issued an instruction from the academy director to wear our short sleeve PT uniform. She said she was always cold and wanted to wear the cold weather PT uniform. This request was denied, and she flat out said she refused to obey. She had a last minute change of heart and came in the short sleeves as instructed, but it automatically lost the entire class the class B uniform privileges and got us some extra PT. She was such a problem that eventually the leadership stopped punishing the entire class for her mistakes.

She got injured halfway through the program and was going to have to make up her missed PT in a later class. She spent the rest of the class ****ed about this and fighting with the staff about having to do the make up work; she kept insisting that she should just be excused from it and allowed to graduate. Of course, she was unable to even come close to ANY of the passing physical standards; she VERY narrowly passed the entry standards to get in, and then did no work to either improve or even just maintain her condition. She always had a sore shoulder, asthma acting up, shin splints, an old injury that prevented her from doing whatever she didn't want to do...

We tried as hard as we could to push her along to do the right thing. Nobody wanted any cadet to be ostracized, but honestly I've never seen someone try so hard to not try!
                            So did she end up graduating the academy? I'm amazed that the academy would choose to keep her and not fire her for insubordination.

Comment

Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                              So did she end up graduating the academy? I'm amazed that the academy would choose to keep her and not fire her for insubordination.
                              Last I heard, she hasn't graduated the academy and still has to make up her PT. The state won't budge on their requirement for a cadet to complete the PT and DT to be certified, nor should they.

She was able to play off the insubordination as simply joking around. No one was fooled, but since this was a self-sponsor academy, there was no department to fire her, and the staff and student leadership gave her a second chance (which they regretted). The class officers did formally report her to the staff and I assume she got demerits and chewed out. Not to worry though. She has severe deficiencies in filtering her thoughts and shutting the hell up, and she told many of us about things she's done in the past that will no doubt disqualify her from most departments she applies to. Even if that somehow isn't an issue, the staff probably won't say anything about her other than that she attended the academy, which is all most departments need to hear to give a candidate the boot.
                              "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                              -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                                Last I heard, she hasn't graduated the academy and still has to make up her PT. The state won't budge on their requirement for a cadet to complete the PT and DT to be certified, nor should they.

She was able to play off the insubordination as simply joking around. No one was fooled, but since this was a self-sponsor academy, there was no department to fire her, and the staff and student leadership gave her a second chance (which they regretted). The class officers did formally report her to the staff and I assume she got demerits and chewed out. Not to worry though. She has severe deficiencies in filtering her thoughts and shutting the hell up, and she told many of us about things she's done in the past that will no doubt disqualify her from most departments she applies to. Even if that somehow isn't an issue, the staff probably won't say anything about her other than that she attended the academy, which is all most departments need to hear to give a candidate the boot.

We don't allow 'pay to play' recruits in our academy, and haven't for many years.

Even with those academies that do, they are mandated to go by CA POST standards in regards to recruit testing: You fail ANY POST mandated test, and you are given remedial training, followed by a retest....fail it again (double tapping in our academy lingo) and you are gone right then and there.....you can come back to another academy class, but you are starting over on Day 1.

I have seen recruits fail a test a handful of days before graduation, and then start all over....six months down the tubes
                                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6455 users online. 456 members and 5999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X