Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jefferson County Alabama questions

I have a few questions...

Once being scheduled for the Agility test, what can be expected? As far as a timeline goes... I'm just not sure of the specific steps in the hiring process.

Then, how long before you will start academy if all goes well? Do you stay at the academy during the week? Thanks for your help.

It is not a live-in Academy. It looks like the next academy class starts August 17th, but I am not sure if the people they are processing now are for that class or the one after. I have friends down there, I will check and see what I can find out.

Comment

Awesome thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Bamabreezy View Post
        I have a few questions...

Once being scheduled for the Agility test, what can be expected? As far as a timeline goes... I'm just not sure of the specific steps in the hiring process.

Then, how long before you will start academy if all goes well? Do you stay at the academy during the week? Thanks for your help.
        If your talking like the test. It's not bad 1.5 in 15:28 22 push-ups 1 minute, 25 sit-ups 1 minute. 90 sec max time obstacle course pushing car,scaling 6ft fence etc. It could take 1 month up to over 4 to be hired, depending on number of applicants and the need. Most large departments do agility then written test which requires some vocabulary knowledge and map reading skills etc, then a panel interview, then the conditionally hire you. Next you complete additional background information and a polygraph packet. They review them to see if you have auto disqualifications. Random drug screen and scheduled polygraph and psych exam. Often a wellness screening and then fitted for equipment. A large department like Jefferson will most likely use this model.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11423 users online. 393 members and 11030 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X