Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are interested in Florida Academies..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are interested in Florida Academies..

Greetings, I run the Police Academy in North Central Florida. I also was a cop in Florida both South Florida (Broward Sheriff's Office, Davie Police Department) and here in North Florida (Alachua Sheriff's Office and Santa Fe College). I have been in charge of the police academy here for almost 20 years now. I get tons of questions and messages about how to get into and do well in the academy in Florida.

I created this page to help those in Florida out. And when the new Florida Curriculum went into effect on July 1st, 2015, all of those police academy test help sites became outdated. SO I am in the process of trying to update the study guides and practice tests that I have for you to use and help you out. Also the site has tips on how to get hired, oral interviews, application and BI topics and more.

There is no cost for the information (its supported by ads) so take advantage of the free site to help yourself out.

policeacademyhelp.com

Police Academy Commander
    Lead Firearms Instructor
    35+ years as a cop
    Becoming a Police Officer
    So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Also here is a Quizlet page for those in Florida academies to use to help study. Its free!

https://quizlet.com/join/K37gwFU6M

your welcome..
    Police Academy Commander
    Lead Firearms Instructor
    35+ years as a cop

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

You run the academy?

Thats some special kind of brass. Respect
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      Your logic defies logic
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
      Originally posted by 02paul09
      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
        You run the academy?

Thats some special kind of brass. Respect
        Yes I am in charge of all Law enforcement and Corrections basic recruit training, all instructors and the ranges. But my favorite thing to do is teach firearms..
        Police Academy Commander
        Lead Firearms Instructor
        35+ years as a cop

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
          Yes I am in charge of all Law enforcement and Corrections basic recruit training, all instructors and the ranges. But my favorite thing to do is teach firearms..
          I can imagine. Firearms are pretty darn fun.

So, in your post, you mention Law Enforcement AND Corrections basic training. You seem like a knowledgeable guy - I don't know much about the Corrections side, do they go through the regular academy? What training do they receive?

Sent via Trig
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          Your logic defies logic
          Originally posted by Rudy8116
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          Originally posted by Michigan
          Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
          A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
          Originally posted by 02paul09
          Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Yes they go through an academy but it is shorter than the LEO one. LEO is about 6 months and the Corr one is about 4 months. Corrections does not cover any traffic, DUI, driving or other LEO topics that Corr does not need. And also Corr covers a few things that LEO's don't need. The State Department of Corrections that handles all the State Prisons (anyone serving more than a year) have their own academies in house most of the time, although they do farm out some classes to academies near the prisons. Most academies hold corrections classes for the local Sheriff's Office who in turn run most of the county jail systems.

Corrections is a great career if you can handle that type of work. I personally give those guys and gals all the credit in the world. I could not do that job. They have to be really good talkers and able to handle themselves well since they are most of the time working without weapons. One of the best cops I ever worked with (Dep. Jamie Garrison Broward SO) was a detention Dep. first then came to the road. And he could talk a person into handcuffs and putting themselves in the car. It was amazing how he could defuse (or jack up) a situation.
            Police Academy Commander
            Lead Firearms Instructor
            35+ years as a cop

Comment

If you are interested in Florida Academies..

Thank you for the information. I am actually hoping to get into LE. It will take me about a year to get everything together I need (including finding out where my girlfriend will get accepted for physical therapy school).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by stonewall50; 07-10-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12132 users online. 496 members and 11636 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X