300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day of Pre-Academy

I am a female with no previous law enforcement or military experience. I was just hired as a police officer recruit and I am very excited about the start to my journey. I don't want to start with a bad impression. I begin pre-academy in a couple of days and I was wondering what advice the females would have on how to put my hair up for the first day. I am a previous college athlete, so I am used to wearing my hair in a normal pony tail. Should I do a military bun? Wear a tight back pony?

Any advice from females, or even males with some knowledge would be great!

Your dept. should have guidelines on how females should wear their hair. A tight bun would be a good idea
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
      Your dept. should have guidelines on how females should wear their hair. A tight bun would be a good idea
      What he said. You could also ask a female employee at your department.

Comment

All of the women in my class wore their hair in a tight bun low on the back of their heads. Most female officers (with long hair anyway) in patrol where I work still do pretty much the same thing. You will see the reason once you get to DT.

What is "pre-academy"?
        Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
        To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird543 View Post
          All of the women in my class wore their hair in a tight bun low on the back of their heads. Most female officers (with long hair anyway) in patrol where I work still do pretty much the same thing. You will see the reason once you get to DT.

What is "pre-academy"?
          Pre-academy is to get you ready for the academy. Mine was 7 weeks & consisted of primarily shooting, driving, & DT. A few things were relative to post academy, but for the most part it's to solely prepare you for the academy. Some departments will also start your FT in pre-academy.
          ICE IEA
          May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
          June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
          July (7/20/09) - NOR
          August (8/17/09) - TO
          September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
          October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
          March '10 - Cleared Medical
          Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

Check your departmental regs. They will tell you what to do.

My personal preference is to keep my hair short.
            In God We Trust
            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Should I do a military bun?
              As mentioned your department may have specific regulations. The academy staff will no doubt tell you what they are.

In general however it should be a style that does not interfere with issue headgear AND does not provide an effective control point for an opponent to use against you.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
                Pre-academy is to get you ready for the academy. Mine was 7 weeks & consisted of primarily shooting, driving, & DT. A few things were relative to post academy, but for the most part it's to solely prepare you for the academy. Some departments will also start your FT in pre-academy.
                Thanks. I received a phone call 2 weeks prior to the start date and was told when and where to be, where to get uniforms issued, and an orientation meeting with our class coordinators.
                Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
                To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird543 View Post

What is "pre-academy"?
                  Thank you for all the feedback! Pre-academy is basically what Tr0uble86 stated. There is a lot of fitness and essay writing, spelling and radio code, and other parts to prepare for the academy. My pre-academy is about 3 weeks. I will find out the dept. regs. the day before!

Again, thank you all for the quick responses!

Comment

I am military and wouldn't even think of not putting my hair in a bun. It's professional and practical.
                    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

You won't go wrong with a military bun. Also, if they have you show up in business attire at all, DO NOT wear heels of any kind. We had some females wear heels on day one and it was entertaining to watch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8515 users online. 285 members and 8230 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X