Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Hair - Bangs and pomp?

Hello,

I put my hair in a bun. But am I allowed to have bangs? (My bangs are just above my eyebrows, so its short and hard to pin tightly to the side) Also, if I can't have bangs, can I have a little pomp at the top?

You need to comply with the grooming requirements of whatever dept you work for. We don't have a prohibition against bangs.

Comment

If you are gonna work in the northeast you'll probably have to wear a hat. Many females try to stuff a lot of hair under the cap trying to conform to regulations and all it does is deform the cap. Looks kind of silly to me. I always felt the ladies looked better with a ponytail sticking out the back and letting the cap retain its designed shape, but I'm pretty sure that pony tails are a violation of hair regs at least in NYC.

Comment

That makes sense! However, I am in Los Angeles
        thanks for the feed back though!

Comment

'm pretty sure that pony tails are a violation of hair regs at least in NYC.
          They are with our dept. Have to wear a bun style that doesn't interfere with headgear or cut it short.

Found this:

605.20 HAIR STANDARDS - GENERAL.

All employees shall maintain their hair in a neat, clean, and well-groomed manner to reflect a professional and businesslike appearance. Unacceptable hair styles include, but are not limited to, a design(s) sculpted into the hair or wearing long hair over a shaved (to scalp) portion of the head. Dyeing or highlighting the hair is acceptable provided it is consistent with a natural hair color, without obvious blocks, patterns or spots of color.

605.22 HAIR STANDARDS - UNIFORMED.

Uniformed Female Employees. Female employees shall arrange their hair so it does not extend below the bottom edge of the shirt collar. It shall not interfere with the employee�s vision and shall not be arranged in a way that would be advantageous for a suspect to grab, such as in a ponytail. Sworn female employees shall ensure that their hair does not interfere with the proper wearing of the uniform hat or the prompt and proper placement of protective head and/or face gear.

...here:

www.lapdonline.org/lapd_manual/volume_3.htm#605

If I found it in five minutes, you probably could have as well. If you want to be a cop, become more self-reliant.
          Last edited by tanksoldier; 04-02-2015, 07:53 PM.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Although I am a male explorer, the dept. I work with does not allow bangs and requires all long hair to be up in a high & tight bun. This is true for both explorers and full time officers.

This will differ between depts., however. Your best bet would be to ask a co-worker, IMO.

Stay safe
            REINSTATE THE TRIG
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            Your logic defies logic
            Originally posted by Rudy8116
            Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
            Originally posted by Michigan
            Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
            Originally posted by TheTick
            This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
            Originally posted by 02paul09
            Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Women's Hair - Bangs and pomp?

I do agree with BNWS a ponytail is the neatest but yes it is a violation of hair regs in NYC if only... ponytails are so much easier. I had many trial and errors and found a tight high ponytail and then forming the hair into a bun works well - I saw other females in the NYPD do the same. It all depends on the hat you have and you can then work your bun into it without getting that mess BNWS mentioned. A suggestion- you can always ask in the department you're at. Good luck.
              Last edited by Meizele_15481; 04-09-2015, 03:37 AM.
              Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

Ask the Academy you are planning to attend.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12069 users online. 454 members and 11615 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X