Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Academy TV Show

Hi all,

I started watching The Academy TV Show about the LASD Academy.

I was just wanting to see if the show depicts the real life academy.

I'm sure its similar but I'm wondering if the show itself is exaggerated because it's a TV show.

The show seems to focus a bit on the class speeches (especially for the Class Sergeant), does this apply to other departments as well, like the OCSA, etc.

I was just curious to know, as this show seemed very interesting to me.

Thanks all!

Baltimore City Police Academy: http://youtu.be/eojIQux_j_8

Comment

It's as close as you are going to get in a TV show. But as in all reality shows you can edit in drama. Film any group of people 8 hrs a day for 6 months and you can make best friends look like they hate each other or the most mundane of activities appear to be a crisis.
      Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
      To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

There are several LASD deputies on this forum..................when The Academy was on they all laughed about the show the entire time it was on.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Well... They DID wear uniforms...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

That Baltimore thing is a joke. When we went running in my academy, our academy was in the ghetto and we ran in formation with instructors who were armed. People waved at us, but usually not with all of their fingers.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Not to spoil it for you but one recruit who failed & came back to another academy was later arrested for aiding gang bangers & smuggling contraband into the jail.

Comment

I thought the show was interesting, but it didn't really show the police academy too much. For some reason, it simply focused on the most incompetent and unmotivated recruits, didn't show any of them making progress, showed the entire class at each others' throats from day 1, and left me asking myself what the hell LASD saw in these people to hire them in the first place? From what I gathered, if you were in that class and your name didn't get mentioned on the show, you were probably a good recruit and thus, too boring for TV.
                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
                  Not to spoil it for you but one recruit who failed & came back to another academy was later arrested for aiding gang bangers & smuggling contraband into the jail.
                  Which one?
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Reedo View Post
                    That Baltimore thing is a joke. When we went running in my academy, our academy was in the ghetto and we ran in formation with instructors who were armed. People waved at us, but usually not with all of their fingers.
                    Were they running through the projects in that video?!?!
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I forget his name but I think they nicknamed him "Sleepy" because he fell asleep in class.

Comment

Henry Marin, smuggled heroin into the jail in a burrito.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun...gling-20120626

Comment

Sleepy is a common gang moniker...
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Ahh, yes. That toolbag. What a dumb***.

Comment

That blonde was hot. i remember her. They should have concentrated more on her. Maybe even given her her own tv show...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8329 users online. 288 members and 8041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X